Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Quote" me on this!  (Read 3014 times)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
"Quote" me on this!
« on: July 29, 2007, 11:49:20 PM »

Everyone has favorite quotes...they show up under signatures and avatars....post some here!  :D

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
Re: "Quote" me on this!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 12:02:01 AM »

I like this one, but I have a lot  :)

PLAYBOY: "Do any of the rest of you have any plans to settle down?"
PAUL: "I haven't got any."
GEORGE: "Ringo and I are getting married."
RINGO: "Oh? To whom?"
GEORGE: "To each other. But that's a thing you'd better keep a secret."
RINGO: "You better not tell anybody."
GEORGE: I mean, if we said something like that, people'd probably think we're queers. After all, that's not the sort of thing you can put in a reputable magazine like PLAYBOY. And anyway, we don't want to start the rumor going."

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 12:03:26 AM »

Oh this one is for you DSL  :D

PLAYBOY: "How does it make you feel to have millions of effigies of yourselves decorating bedsides all over the world? Don't you feel honored to have been immortalized in plastic? After all, there's no such thing as a Frank Sinatra doll, or an Elvis Presley doll."
GEORGE: "Who'd want an ugly old crap doll like that?"
PLAYBOY: "Would you prefer a George doll, George?"
GEORGE: "No, but I've got a Ringo doll at home."

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:32:55 AM »

Donovan - "If he fell (Paul McCartney) while playing the piano, he would have written three songs by the time he got up".

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 04:02:54 AM »

An interviwer asked John how does he keep track of all the money he earns if he (John) was bad at maths.
"I weigh it(money)".... something along these lines anyway

Are these only Beatles quotes we are doing or...?

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »

''an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind''

or something to that effect, I can't quite remember. Its a famous one by Ghandi though (so I hope this isn't a Beatles-only quote section!)

Those Beatles/Playboy quotes are hilarious, Pie!  :D
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »

Alfred Hitchcock:

Always make the audience suffer as much as possible.

Blondes make the best victims. They're like virgin snow that shows up the bloody footprints.

Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.

I have a perfect cure for a sore throat: cut it.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »

Quote from: 553
''an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind''

Hey, I was gonna post that!  >:( ;D

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »

I love this thread!

That whole Playboy interview is hilarious; the boys were in rare form. Here's the whole thing:
http://www.geocities.com/~Beatleboy1/db1965.02pl.beatles.html

Here's some quotes from probably the funniest American on the planet, Bill Cosby:

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice.

I am certainly not an authority on love because there are no authorities on love, just those who've had luck with it and those who haven't.

I guess the real reason that my wife and I had children is the same reason that Napoleon had for invading Russia: it seemed like a good idea at the time.

If the new father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.

Let us now set forth one of the fundamental truths about marriage: the wife is in charge.

Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »

Quote from: 551
I love this thread!
Nothing separates the generations more than music.

Off topic: I don't think that's true anymore. I think we're reached a turning point there. I know a lot of parents that are more into loud, rebellious music than their children are.

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 12:29:06 PM »

John: "They say that the best things in life are free, except on tv, heh, heh, heh, heh...."

someone.... i can't remember: "we dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. there is a tunnel after the tunnel."

thom yorke: "possible plans for other peoples birthdays . remember: your present is you. choose a good costume"

again someone i don't know anymore: "death is nothing at all. i have only slipped away into the next room. i am i, and you are you. whatever we were to each other, that we still are. call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used to. put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. play, smile, think of me, pray for me. let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effort, no trace of a shadow on it. life means all that it ever meant. it is the same as it ever was. there is unbroken continuity. why should i be out of mind because i am out of sight? i am waiting for you, somewhere very near. just around the corner. all is well."

woody allen: "I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown."

bob dylan: "i let you be in my dreams if i can be in yours. i said that."

i love quotes  ;D
george george whoops george whoops george george george

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

John: "When The Beatles were depressed, thinking, the group is going nowhere, and this is a sh*tty deal, and we're in a sh*tty dressing room...I'd say, 'Where are we going, fellas?' They'd go, 'To the top, Johnny!' And I'd say, 'Where's that, fellas?' and they'd say, 'To the toppermost of the poppermost!' and I'd say, 'Right!' Then we'd all cheer up."

John: Love means having to say you're sorry every fifteen minutes.

George: Rap music is just computerised crap. I listen to Top of the Pops and after three songs I feel like killing someone.

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »

SPIKE MILLIGAN

I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL.
ecthed on his grave stone
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 02:44:20 PM »

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

"I think of myself as a song and dance man." - Bob Dylan

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Mahatma
Gandhi

"My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all." - John Lennon

"I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing." - Audrey Hepburn

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 06:48:44 PM »

"Oh, for f*** sake stop lighting off fireworks and shouting and screaming I'm trying to sing a song! I mean I don't care. If you don't want to hear it. You know f*** you. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who do want to hear it. So why don't you just be quiet. If you want to light your fireworks off go outside and light them off out there and if you want to shout and scream well then go and do it out there.... but. I am trying to sing a song that some people want to listen to. I want to listen to it."

Roger Waters, during a concert for the "Animals" tour in Montreal, Quebec, 1977

mr kite

• A Thousand Pages
    • Alberts Continuing Storys
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »

^
WATERS the man .  8)
Theres one thing that really winds me up at concerts , is people who talk[shout] while the bands on  >:(

How long was i in the army ?  five foot eleven .
                                                                       SPIKE MILLIGAN .
Wallflower Has Blossomed

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »

" E .T. phone home "  ;D

DaveRam :)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »

German: will you stop talking about the war?

Basil: Me, you started it!

German: We did not start it!

Basil: Yes you did, you invaded Poland!

John Cleese in Fawlty Towers
 ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 11:03:30 PM »

Paul: "I mean, I saw a recent account that put George down for his contributions to the Beatles. But the real point is, there are only four people who knew what the Beatles were about anyway. Nobody else was in that car with us. The chauffeur's window was closed, and there were just four of us in the back of that car, laughing hysterically. We knew what we were laughing at; nobody else can ever know what it was about. I doubt if even we know, in truth."

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »

John: "I remember the day he called to ask for help on 'Taxman,' one of his bigger songs. I threw in a few one-liners to help the song along, because that's what he asked for. He came to me because he couldn't go to Paul, because Paul wouldn't have helped him at that period. I didn't want to do it. I thought, Oh, no, don't tell me I have to work on George's stuff. It's enough doing my own and Paul's. But because I loved him and I didn't want to hurt him when he called me that afternoon and said, 'Will you help me with this song?' I just sort of bit my tongue and said OK. It had been John and Paul so long, he'd been left out because he hadn't been a songwriter up until then. As a singer, we allowed him only one track on each album. If you listen to the Beatles' first albums, the English versions, he gets a single track. The songs he and Ringo sang at first were the songs that used to be part of my repertoire in the dance halls. I used to pick songs for them from my repertoire... the easier ones to sing. So I am slightly resentful of George's book. But don't get me wrong. I still love those guys. The Beatles are over, but John, Paul, George and Ringo go on."

And: Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades like shadows into the night. Pink Floyd, "Lost For Words"
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.257 seconds with 89 queries.