Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Religious Rock Songs  (Read 12345 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Religious Rock Songs
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »

I think I remember it too. Some one-hit wonder most likely.

Just googled it. Apparently it's by some has-been who used to be in a band. And he wasn't even one of the most talented members of that band. And he stole that Sweet Lord song from someone else. What a loser.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2013, 09:15:53 PM »

Ever Since the World Began/ THE YARDBIRDS
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

KelMar

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2013, 09:39:59 PM »

Just googled it. Apparently it's by some has-been who used to be in a band. And he wasn't even one of the most talented members of that band. And he stole that Sweet Lord song from someone else. What a loser.

I think I know who you mean but I always thought he was so fine.

KelMar

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »

My favourite of the ones I heard so far:

The Velvet Underground - Jesus

I was going to post this if you or Andrés hadn't. But I figured one of you did! I was listening to this album last night and thinking that I'd like this song played at my memorial service someday...a long time from now of course. You know...I think it would be great if one of you two did a microscope on this album. Please...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »

I can stay till it's time to go

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 11:35:59 PM »

http://youtu.be/2jUYQ71Uw0g

One of my favorite Christian bands.  Love the song.  Heck, I think I even put it on my Secret Santa CD a couple years back when we did that.  Great tune.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2014, 12:05:36 AM »

One of my favorite Christian bands.  Love the song.  Heck, I think I even put it on my Secret Santa CD a couple years back when we did that.  Great tune.

You did. I listen to a lot of their stuff.  They're good. 
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 12:12:45 AM »

I was going to post this if you or Andrés hadn't. But I figured one of you did! I was listening to this album last night and thinking that I'd like this song played at my memorial service someday...a long time from now of course. You know...I think it would be great if one of you two did a microscope on this album. Please...

I must say that I'm not a fan of the Velvet Underground. I'm mostly familiar with their debut album, and had listened to parts of their other albums. I really respect them and I recognize their influence, but it's not exactly the kind of band that represents my music taste.

I know Ovi is a big fan; he'd surely do a good microscope of that album.

KelMar

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 12:19:43 AM »

I must say that I'm not a fan of the Velvet Underground. I'm mostly familiar with their debut album, and had listened to parts of their other albums. I really respect them and I recognize their influence, but it's not exactly the kind of band that represents my music taste.

I had it in my mind that you did like them. I guess that's because back in the early days of the Song vs. Same name song game you posted "Run Run Run" and my brain falsely associated you with them. I'll have to delete that association. ;)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 12:44:06 AM »

I had it in my mind that you did like them. I guess that's because back in the early days of the Song vs. Same name song game you posted "Run Run Run" and my brain falsely associated you with them. I'll have to delete that association. ;)

Yes, I remember that! The other song of the same name was one by the Who. "Run Run Run" by the Velvet Underground is from their debut album, the one I know better, that's why I used that song.

Actually I don't dislike the band, in fact I think I should look for more stuff by them, but it's not one of my priorities now.

KelMar

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 03:20:19 AM »

Yes, I remember that! The other song of the same name was one by the Who. "Run Run Run" by the Velvet Underground is from their debut album, the one I know better, that's why I used that song.

I never had any interest in them whatsoever. When I was young I thought all their songs were probably dirty and disgusting. LOL After you posted "Run, Run, Run" though I thought they had a cool sound. I like the self-titled album and bought it a few months ago. I was very surprised when my daughter asked me if she could borrow it. I may never see it again. ;)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 11:37:05 PM »

I never had any interest in them whatsoever. When I was young I thought all their songs were probably dirty and disgusting. LOL After you posted "Run, Run, Run" though I thought they had a cool sound. I like the self-titled album and bought it a few months ago. I was very surprised when my daughter asked me if she could borrow it. I may never see it again. ;)

Wow! Sometimes one doesn't realize the influence one could have on other person, even when sharing an eventual song from a band that one is not a fan of!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:38 AM »

One of my favorite too! Their Christmas Album is a good one to have in your holiday section.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:58 AM »

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:38 AM »

It's not rock, but this is a favorite...

Karen Carpenter - Christmas Portrait (19 Dec 1978) - Ave Maria[/url]

I've never heard a version of Ave Maria that I didn't like, but that one nearly brought tears to my eyes. What a gorgeous voice Karen Carpenter was blessed with. Thanks for sharing that clip; I hadn't seen it before.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2015, 09:53:56 PM »

Rescate is generally considered as the best Christian rock band from Argentina, with a 24 years career. These are two songs I love from their last album:

Rescate: "Tiene Razón"
! No longer available

Rescate: "Indudablemente"
! No longer available

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2015, 01:45:28 AM »

Take your pick from virtually all of George Harrison's post Beatles' canon of work; then there's John with "God", Ringo's "Are You Ready?" etc etc....Paul seems to be the most secular former Beatle although I'd be surprised if there isn't at least something with a religious dimension hiding within his back catalogue (I just can't readily call it to mind).

Meanwhile....

! No longer available

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »

Hombre I really like those Rescate songs. 2nd one is my favorite of the two!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2015, 01:07:50 AM »

Not exactly "rock" but certainly a religious-themed pop hit:

! No longer available
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.867 seconds with 86 queries.