Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Apology to Yoko  (Read 2054 times)

Apology to Yoko
« on: September 25, 2005, 06:48:54 AM »

Friday, September 23, 2005
DAILY MAIL APOLOGISES TO YOKO ONO

British newspaper The Daily Mail has issued an official apology to JOHN LENNON's widow YOKO ONO after alleging she photographed the singer's bloodstained glasses on the pavement outside their Dakota apartment on the night of his death. The IMAGINE hitmaker was shot dead by crazed fan MARK CHAPMAN in December 1980, and the article, published last month (05), stated the former BEATLE's second wife deliberately took the picture the night he was murdered.

The newspaper has now apologised, clarifying the picture was actually taken four months after his death.

-Glad she waited a whole 4 months to exploit his murder and not take the picture the night of his assassination.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Apology to Yoko
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:01:07 AM »

PHEWWW! What a relief. I thought JR was apologizing there for a second. Glad thats straightened out.

McCartney

• A Beginning
    • Paradise City
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:04:11 AM »

Why did he have to go??!!

Yeah, I bet Yoko could have made a fortune off of that picture. (not very funny sarcasm)

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:05:36 AM »

i agree with juniors, im gald she didnt take a picture the night of the murder, but why did she feel she had to take it at all? :o

btw, has anyone read the series of articales that have been running over the last 3 weeks in the sunday times(england), where cynthia tells about her life with john, and how cruelly he betrayed her and julian?it also portrays about how yoko didnt let cynthia come to the dakota on the night of the murder, but let julian.

McCartney

• A Beginning
    • Paradise City
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:42:07 AM »

Maybe because Julian was John's son, a blood relative??? Hmm...this'll give me something to think about...

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 01:42:16 PM »

Quote from: tkitna
PHEWWW! What a relief. I thought JR was apologizing there for a second. Glad thats straightened out.

Ye of little faith. You know I have nothing good to say about the Ocean Child from Hell aside from the fact that she's having 'Walls & Bridges' remastered and 'Imagine' is coming out, but those were inevitable anyway. I thought it was kind of funny that the Daily had to apologize because they said that shot was taken on Dec 8th, but Yucko Fauxno wanted to make it clear that it was taken 4 whole months later, I guess, what? That makes it in good taste, making sure the blood is good and dry? I'm surprised that vulture hasn't tried to auction it off through Sotheby's.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 05:55:30 AM »

I think if it's a statement promoting gun control in this country where gun control is SORELY needed, than I think it's okay. I think she could have even done more to push that agenda since he was so loved and it effected so many people. Especially the baby boomers who are making most of our descisions these days. Paul and the rest of the Beatles could have campained too even though they're not Americans. They do spend a lot of time here and it was a close friend brutaly murdered. Something gives me the idea that John would have taken up the cause if it had happened to any of them. But that's just me.

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 50 queries.