Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: John Lennon Liverpool Season.  (Read 7929 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
John Lennon Liverpool Season.
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »

I've organised a number of events for the John Lennon Liverrpool Season, which takes place between 9 October and 9 December this year. One will be a series of lectures each Tuesday at the Cavern's new seared area. The first will be on 2 November when Rod Favies and Colin Hanton will be chatting about Quarry Bank School and the formation of the Quarry Men. The following week we will have Tony Bramwell discussing his memories of John. Two other lectures will follow each Tuesday during the month.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
Re: John Lennon Liverpool Season.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:21:15 AM »

Trying to get Ian Hart to make a guest appearance at a screening of 'Backbeat' and 'The Hours and Times.' He portrayed John  in both films. When 'The Hours And The Times' was screened at Southampton University, I made a guest appearance there with Ian.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 07:23:02 AM »

Sounds good. Good luck on the programming, Bill!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »

I should have the first of the season programmes ready by next week. Lots more will be added later.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »

Have arranged lots of other things for the John Lennon Season. The Hard Day's Night Hotel will now display Tony Brown's superb portrait on John in their window, I've had Ged Flemming take photos of all John's haunts in Liverpool and they'll be displayed in an exhibition. Will let you know soon of the other attractions during the time from 9 October to 9 December

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 04:19:16 AM »

Is here the Bill Harry the real Bill Harry??

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:23:49 AM »

Is here the Bill Harry the real Bill Harry??

Are you really a bad girl?

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:09:58 AM »

Will be away fro a while, but will then bring you up to date with all the events organised and planned for the Liverpool John Lennon Season. I am also a committee member of London 60s Week, organising sixties events in London. It's to be an annual event. http://www.london60sweek.co.uk/
To all those who haven't seen my last issue of Mersey Beat, here it is http://issuu.com/liverpool/docs/mersey_beat
I have also added more Mersey beat covers to Ged's site:http://liverpooldays.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=32

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »

Excellent Mr. Harry!! ;)

BTW: have you seen my article about Paul McCartney's Rosetti Solid 7 guitar?? I sent it to you...

Best!! ;)

Xosé

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »

60s events in London? And they are going to be annual, did I get it right? This is great!!!!!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
John Lennon Liverpool Season.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »

Have been organising some lectures at the Cavern for the season. Colin Hanton and Rod Davis will appear on Tuesday 2 November and Tony Bramwell on Tuesday 89 November. Larry Kane will be flying over from America to appear on 30 November. John's cousin Stan Parkes, who he regarded as his big brother, is willing to come down to give his first and last talk on John's early life, accompanied by Julia Baird. This will be the most unique discussion of John's youth by the direct people involved. It's a one-off and will never be repeated, but I'm trying to find the most suitable venue for it. I've also persuaded the Picket to hold a special John Lennon Concert evening with new young Liverpool bands paying their tribute to John, while original Mersey Bands are likely to do the same at Fort Perch Rock. The 'Lennon' play will take place at the Royal Court Theatre and there is a special Astrid Kirchherr Exbibition at the Victoria Gallery and Museum. The White Feather exhibition returns to the Beatles Story, there will be special events at the Hard Day's Night Hotel and in Liverpool One and there will be lots of other events.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

The Royal Philharmonic has now put on a second performance of John's work performed by the classical orchestra.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »

Still working on events for the John Lennon Season, although I note that there seems to be no interest from the Forum. I had thought that important tributes to John over the anniversary period would have proviked interest from John's fans

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »

Hi  :)

I read your messages with interest and I think those tributes for John are great  8). Unfortunately, I can't say more about, as I'm not going to Liverpool. But thank you for sharing these news  :D

Snoopy

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »

Dear Mr. Harry,

For me they are of the MOST interest. In fact, I will go to Liverpool if I finally manage to go.

Best!! ;)

Xosé

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:18 PM »

The only way I'll get up to Liverpool is if I'm lucky enough to gig. If you ever need a band for one of these events give me a shout.

Have a great one Bill. I hope your hard efforts pay off. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 11:50:45 AM »

One of the most important events, to my mind, will be the appearance at St George's Hall on November 28 of Stan Parkes and Julia Baird. They will be relating the stories of John's early life in Liverpool. Stan has never appeared before in public to discuss his times with John, who regarded Stan as his big brother. This will also be his first and only time as he has been quite ill and doubts whether he will ever be able to return to Liverpool, so this is a very important occasion for him and he is particularly looking forward to being able to discuss many of the things about John's childhood that no one knows about. Julia has said she wouldn't make any appearances again in Liverpool but has decided to join Stan on this special occasion - if you thought 'Nowhere Boy' told you about John, Julia will put the record straight.
This is a once-only event and probably the most revealing event about John's early life ever held. Yhere are only 400 seats.
This is unmissable for anyone who is a fan of John's.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »

I arranged for Philip Norman to do a book signing at A Hard Day's Night during the Lennon season, but it has been cancelled because they say signing sessions haven't been very successful in Liverpool. Actually, I'm beginning to feel concerned as it seems there is a lot of apathy regarding the events we're putting on. Perhaps we underestimated interest in John's anniversaries. Even the forum here doesn't show any enthusiasm towards them.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »

Still doesn't seem to be any enrthusiasm on the forum for John Lennon's Liverpool Season. I've managed to arrange for a Philip Norman signing after all. John's music will be played throughout the season at A Hard Day's Night Hotel.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

Dear Mr. Harry,

Again, I should say the same I did a few days ago: for me they are of the MOST interest. In fact, I will go to Liverpool if I finally manage to go.

Best!!  ;)

Xosé
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 78 queries.