Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Songs You Didn't Like At First But After Awhile You Started Liking Them  (Read 13384 times)

nimrod

Re: Songs You Didn't Like At First But After Awhile You Started Liking Them
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »

I never really liked I Want You (Shes So Heavy) until I heard it on the Love album coming in at the end of Mr Kite, I then realized what a formidable riff and wall of sound it has....now I love it  :)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »

Recently..

If I Needed Someone
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 05:12:04 AM »

there isn't a beatles song that i never thought was unlistenable or that i didn't like. that being said i'm starting to see the sheer beauty of yellow submarine.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

ZoGeo

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

I always skipped Old Brown Shoe because it did my tree in completely and I didn't like the music, I didn't like the voice (I'm sorreh Georgeh!! Aargh!) and I didn't get the lyrics and I thought it was just the most annoying pointless stupid song, but nowadays, it's catching up to Day Tripper on my most played song on iTunes.. I LOVE it and George <3 :D

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That

I bought Sgt. Pepper on the day of its release. Hated it on the first hearing. Hated it on the second hearing. Started to like it the third time around. And the rest is history.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

RubberSol

• One And One Is Two

I never liked many of the songs on "Please Please Me," but I recently listened to the album some more and I love all the songs now including the covers. The way that it was recorded in less than 24 hours is pretty amazing too.
"Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
John Lennon

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages

I always skipped Old Brown Shoe because it did my tree in completely and I didn't like the music, I didn't like the voice (I'm sorreh Georgeh!! Aargh!) and I didn't get the lyrics and I thought it was just the most annoying pointless stupid song, but nowadays, it's catching up to Day Tripper on my most played song on iTunes.. I LOVE it and George <3 :D
There's some serious George guitar on OBS but I would have loved to hear John's cut out rythm work rather than the organ wiping it out. Seems like George could cut out other's parts if he wanted to. Turnabout is fair play (maybe)!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

nimrod

I never really liked I Want You (Shes So Heavy) until I heard it on the Love album coming in at the end of Mr Kite, I then realized what a formidable riff and wall of sound it has....now I love it  :)

just wanted to agree with myself :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages

Blue jay Way is my choice. When I was young I thought it was boring and would skip it when listening to the album. When I finally appreciated what George was trying to convey and realized it was supposed to be boring waiting for Derek Taylor all night lost in the fog I realized it was one of Georges little unique, unsung masterpieces. I listen evry time now.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »

Gotta be  "You know my name, look up the number" for mei always thought it really sucked. Now I listen to it as just a goof on a lousy lounge act you might see it a hotel lounge or resort location.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »

I used to hate "I'm Only Sleeping" but as I get older and grumpier I'm down with the "leave me alone" sentiment!  5dp
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 67 queries.