Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Flying Burrito Brothers  (Read 775 times)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
The Flying Burrito Brothers
« on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:50 AM »

I started to discover this band about 3 years ago, and they slowly have really grown on me. I've never been a huge fan of Country Rock, but these guys have make me appreciate the genre, maybe because they were very genuine doing it. Indeed, I think they were the first band to triumphantly board Country Rock. In fact, the two essential original members of the band (Gram Parsons and Chris Hillman) had been part of the first absolute Country Rock album (the Byrds' Sweetheart Of The Rodeo), but the result was not much inspired. On the other hand, The Gilded Palace Of Sin (the band's debut, released at the begining of 1969) brings the genre in all its glory. The best example is the song "Christine's Tune", which combines a country-like melody with some rock elements, even a pseudo-psychedelic guitar!

Flying Burrito Brothers - Christine's Tune

After their famous debut, they released Burrito Deluxe in 1970, an usually ignored album that I really like. Another ex-byrd, drummer Mike Clarke, joined the band here. My favorite song from this second album is "Older Guys"; it's funny to see Gram imitating Mick Jagger in the video (actually he was a close friend of Keith Richards at the time).

The Flying Burrito Brothers - The Older Guys USTV (full version)

After the first two albums Gram left the group, and the band have suffered several lineup changes over the years.

What's your opinion about the Flying Burrito Brothers?
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 36 queries.