Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: John haunted their recording of....  (Read 3770 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Re: John haunted their recording of....
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 03:02:11 PM »

If there is an afterlife, I wonder what John, George, Brian and Stu are all doing right now.  I, too, am very skeptical about all this.  Would they still be celebrities or just ordinary people?

John Lennon's death was the saddest event of the 20th Century for me.  All I had was the hard business of growing up and becoming less and less idealistic after that.  Sure, there've been personal tragedies in my life but Lennon represented something transcendent to me, a hope for a higher meaning.  And then, he was killed, easily and with the utmost dispatch, by an immature everyday no-man.  Lennon, a man/God, destroyed in an instant senselessly and as vulnerably as a barenaked infant in a forest full of ravenous wolves.

RIP, John.  If there is an afterlife, I truly hope it is a place of rest and peace.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 08:14:06 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

No offence to your dad, but my universe just became a little more secure again.

Why is a complete stranger on the internet more trustworthy to you than a complete stranger's dad?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

Quote from: Loco_Mo
If there is an afterlife, I wonder what John, George, Brian and Stu are all doing right now.  I, too, am very skeptical about all this.  Would they still be celebrities or just ordinary people?

Even though I'm as clueless as anyone else when it comes to knowledge of the afterlife, I'd be surprised if things like welth, fame, success and materialistic needs still matter in the afterlife. I think that after death we'll enter a whole new state of mind.

But then again, my guess is as good (or bad) as anyone else's.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 08:25:35 AM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

Why is a complete stranger on the internet more trustworthy to you than a complete stranger's dad?

Ha. You're right - no logic to it. It's not a matter of trustyworthyness (phew) (I don't think anyone is fabricating) it's just that when it comes to paranormal stuff everyone knows someone else who's seen something. Only a first hand account would have any chance of credibility with me (even from a stranger on the internet.) and not many people step up to the plate for that one.

don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 01:55:02 PM »

Quote from: Loco_Mo

I'd be suprised if heaven had a VIP lounge.
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 45 queries.