Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Album rumours!  (Read 5659 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: New Album rumours!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 12:42:48 AM »

Probably because he's a musician and thats what they do.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 01:14:36 AM »

Paul in his own words:

"One thing you have to say is that I've put out an awful lot of records. Some of them I shouldn't have put out, sure. I'd gladly accept that.

"There's many different reasons for putting a record out. Sometimes I might just put one out because I'm bored and I've got nothing better to do.

"In 1977, I fancied doing a Scottish bagpipe song, so I wrote Mull Of Kintyre. The people who hated it were p****d off with me.

"Of course, it didn't help that it came out at the height of punk rock. But what should I have done at that time? Stuck a safety pin through my nose and done some bonkers punk song?

MY attitude is really: 'Sod you. You think Mull Of Kintyre is crap - you try writing something like that.' I do get annoyed at having to justify myself.

"Since school, I've never liked having to do that. I never liked anyone telling me what to do. I never liked that bullying tendency."

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 01:21:25 AM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
He makes new music because he loves music.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 01:23:40 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Paul in his own words:
"Since school, I've never liked having to do that. I never liked anyone telling me what to do. I never liked that bullying tendency."

Oh, Paul, there are a few people that might think you're a bit of a wee bully yourself! George, Ringo, John, Jane Asher, Denny Laine, ...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 01:32:22 AM »

The thought of anyone trying to bully John Lennon makes me laugh. He might have placated Paul a few times, but I doubt the whole bullying thing worked with John...as John was a bully himself.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 01:40:34 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

and Tkitna: "Probably because he's a musician and thats what they do."

Fair enough, but what I don't get is why he feels the need to release new material to the world. He can make all the music he wants. But the question in this context is why let us hear it?

But of course, as I said, it may be a great album. I'm not prejudging. Just wary, in the light of his past performances.

because a lot of us still want to hear it.    

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 02:49:55 AM »

Fair enough, but what I don't get is why he feels the need to release new material to the world. He can make all the music he wants. But the question in this context is why let us hear it?

Why wouldnt he? Why do musical personalities like Madonna, Britney Spears, 50 Cent, Metallica, U2, etc,,,put out albums for people to hear? Their occupation is music.

But of course, as I said, it may be a great album. I'm not prejudging. Just wary, in the light of his past performances.

Of course you wouldnt know one way or the other if he didnt release it to the public.

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 04:39:31 AM »

He still thinks he can write great songs and make a great album.  He still wants another masterpiece to match all the ones he had with The Beatles. Maybe he's dillusional,but he believes.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2005, 04:46:14 AM »

Quote from: andyec
He still thinks he can write great songs and make a great album.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2005, 06:26:12 AM »

Yeah, that is it, of course. He lives with straights who tell him he is king (Paraphrasing Mr Lennon).

Are you guys still misguided into thinking that Paul is trying to write another masterpiece or say something with his music? Maybe the guy just likes to write music.

Speaking of Mr. Lennon, I wonder why he released 'Double Fantasy' in 1980? The album was littered with Yoko tunes and the only message that John emitted through his music was that he was still brainwashed and lived under the iron hand of  the Japanese Hitler. Yet, I still enjoyed it.

The big picture doesnt have to be so complicated.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2005, 10:49:24 AM »

But the question in this context is why let us hear it?

You don't HAVE to hear it. It may surprise you but some people might actually want to hear it.
So what if he looks back? It was after all, the most successful time in his recording career. He's only just recently re-visited his old work with his tours. It's hardly a shock that as he grows older, he will inevitably look back on his material.
Everyone is entitled to nostalgia, especially when your knockin on a bit.

Is it Anti-Paul time again in Ydoll world ?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2005, 05:09:15 PM »

Japanese Hitler - a classic* :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005, 05:35:22 AM »

I can't wait for Paul's album, I salivate at new albums by the guys. Back when Brainwashed came out....that was awesome. It was a different situation of course, because George had died and everyone knew how hard he had worked on it. But if Paul's new album is a parallel to what George's "Brainwashed" was for him, we shan't be disappointed.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2005, 12:24:02 AM »

Don't slaughter me for this if he isn't -- isn't Paul a Bush supporter, anyway?

Bad McCartney Title Joke Upcoming: "With A Little Luck", Paul might have his good ol' Beatle days writing-mojo back for the new album . . .

Ain't likely, though. ^^;
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2005, 12:27:03 AM »

Paul's not political, Paul's not American, Paul's all for peace and love, Paul's huge on animal rights, anti-war etc. WHY would people think he supports Bush? Has he actually SAID this? Or is it coming from the rumor that he may play at the White House.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2005, 12:30:28 AM »

Yeah, geez. And the White House thing was just a RUMOUR anyways. It was also a rumour for a while that he had died. Doesn't mean it's true. ::)

And Sandra's right, he IS anti-war. I think people just like to think of him as some sort of anti-John, a conservative family man. At least that's the impression I get.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2005, 12:36:21 AM »

Quote from: Sandra
WHY would people think he supports Bush? Has he actually SAID this?

*shrug* It seems like a very weird thing, Paul being a Bush supporter. I saw it in a couple articles here that he "supports what President Bush is doing" (...gag me, please) but ... it didn't sound quite right. The White House thing, I dunno -- it's not like, "Ooh, he's playing for the President, McCartney must LOOOOVE him.", really. More like "just another big huge gig". I dunno; his political opinion, I should just stay outta it [the question was in response to the "Bushie-Tushie" thing. o_o;]. ^^;;;
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2005, 12:40:43 AM »

I'm pretty sure he doesn't support Bush. maybe the song is to prove that.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2005, 06:15:01 PM »

Any news about the new Paul album? Nigel Godrich (the Radiohead producer) produced it, and for some reason I think Nigel is going to bring out the best in Paul.

Bobber

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2005, 05:05:13 PM »

The title is supposed to be CHAOS AND CREATION IN THE BACKYARD. Release September 12th. Producer: Nigel Godrich, who formally worked with Radiohead. I read on femalefirst.co.uk (yes, I read that...) that Paul sometimes find it hard working with Nigel. He dared to throw away demo's he didn't like and pulled Paul out of his safe little world. I wonder if he managed to get the best out of Paul!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 87 queries.