Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Stuart Sutcliffe Art Book  (Read 1845 times)

Stuart Sutcliffe Art Book
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:48:13 PM »

Hi,
Am new to this forum - just wanted to get some views on how to proceed with an interesting item I have...

I recently purchased Stuart's Prescot Grammar School Art Book,   a lovely item but,  was more than I really could spare and am considering on selling / auctioning it.

It has 26 sides plus the cover and, in summary, has ;

a total of 33 Stuart signatures in various forms (Stuart, Sutcliffe, Stuart Sutcliffe, Stuart FV Sutcliffe, S.Victor S .....)
6 watercolour/gouache paintings 5 of which are signed,
9 pages of pencil drawings (2 colour), 2 signed
9 ink drawings, 4 signed

One of the paintings is an amazing one entitled the Graveyard with a distressed face in front of a graveyard,  quite poignant considering his tragc fate all-to-soon afterwards.

I really don't want to split it, as it's been kept together since around 1956 but,   would a single offer come anywhere near selling as separate pages?

I've seen single sided drawings, unsigned, on sale for 1000GBP, though whether there are buyers, I'm not sure.

From looking at his recent exhibition,  only 2 other artworks on display were signed, so, I think this is a very special piece of history.

I'm currently looking at options such as Tracks,  Cooper Owen, Sotheby's etc...

I'd welcome some suggestions, or, if there's any serious interest, please get in touch.

Thanks,
Tony

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Stuart Sutcliffe Art Book
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »

wow!!!that's great......don't split it....

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
Re: Stuart Sutcliffe Art Book
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »

I have a feature on Stuart's days at Prescot Grammar School by another pupil who was there at the time on my www.mersey-beat.com site

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 37 queries.