Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Paul Book  (Read 1963 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
New Paul Book
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:50:08 PM »

A new biography on Paul was just released in the UK, and comes out in the US and Canada in October. It's called "Fab: An Intimate Life of Paul McCartney". Sounds fairly interesting, although I read a customer review on amazon uk that said there's some gaps in the story. They said it focuses mostly on his post-Beatles career, his divorce, and current life. I don't know...I can't decide if it sounds like crap or not. Read the article at www.beatlesnews.com and let me know what you guys think.  :)

-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: New Paul Book
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:23:47 AM »

Crap. I won't be buying it based on the couple of excerpts I've read online.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:43:19 PM »

Crap. I won't be buying it based on the couple of excerpts I've read online.

Which excerpts?

The author of this bio sounds awfully biased against Paul and Linda: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/blogs/blog-on-the-tracks/4124646/FAB-An-Intimate-Life-of-Paul-McCartney (a review)

I agree with commenters who were upset that Linda got picked on because she slept around before marrying Paul. Stupid double standard if you ask me.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 01:06:34 AM »

Which excerpts?

The author of this bio sounds awfully biased against Paul and Linda: http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/blogs/blog-on-the-tracks/4124646/FAB-An-Intimate-Life-of-Paul-McCartney (a review)

I agree with commenters who were upset that Linda got picked on because she slept around before marrying Paul. Stupid double standard if you ask me.

That article about Linda basically being branded as a whore for sleeping around before marrying Paul.

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »

Someone who actually wrote a book about the Wests is beyond belief, in my opinion, so I won't be reading it for that reason alone.  I also read that it 'cut & pastes' Barry Miles' work.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »

i have not read any excerpts of this book-however i had it bought for me as a birthday gift and have started to read it very recently,as a veteran of reading mccartney books i am keeping an open mind on this,folks........and i will post again on this subject when i have read more.so far,though,i am hooked........it seems like an interesting read.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:36 AM »

well,it has some interesting bits in it-some quotes from family that are good,also quotes from personell that paul has worked with,i.e eric stewart,denny seiwell-and some quotes are revealing.i think i am coming to the conclusion that to write THE definitive mccartney biog it seriously would have to be done in at least 2 volumes,maybe even 3 if the writer wanted to tell the life story for proper fans,the reason for me saying this is that in this new book the writer does pretty well but when you are just getting into a section and enjoying it,it comes to an end when you know there could be more quotes on the subject matter,and deeper points of view.
i do apologise for going on for a little too long,however in my humble opinion paul mccartney has had one of the most interesting music lives ever........period.to do a story like pauls' any justice it needs a deeper probe.but on the whole,a good read-seriously. :)
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 55 queries.