Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul McCartney Live Perfornance @ The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, June 4 2012, Buck  (Read 5857 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM

Paul McCartney Live Perfornance @ The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, June 4 2012, Buckingham Palace

Magical Mystery Tour
All My Loving
Let It Be
Live and Let Die
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Watch here:
Paul McCartney Live Perfornance @ The Queen's Diamond Jubilee
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
I can stay till it's time to go

cubanheel

• Getting Better

It was great to see Paul perform so well, I watched it on huge screen in our local park at a big event, and there was a wonderful atmosphere! V funny when Peter Kaye introduced him as Paul WINSTON McCartney, and said that the Q on his beefeater's costume stood for Quarry Men! Had to explain why I was laughing to friends I was with. Go Paul!
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

cubanheel

• Getting Better

He was also interviewed along with Gary Barlow on The One SHow, which aired on BBC an hour before the concert, from the backstage area, and they highlighted the essay that Paul had written for the Coronation.  Unfortunately my disrespectful kids yakked all through it so I didn't hear it all, but will be checking it out on BBC iplayer if it's on there.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Toejam

• A Beginning

Loved the big finale...ob-la-di ob-la-da!!! I think he was intending to do Hey Jude but the Queen wanted to go to bed and came down so he couldn't do it!
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

It would have been cool if after Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Paul picked up an acoustic guitar, walked over to the microphone and sang...

The Beatles- Her Majesty

KelMar

It would have been cool if after Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da Paul picked up an acoustic guitar, walked over to the microphone and sang...
Her Majesty

That was the first thing I thought of when I read that Paul was going to do this concert. Did we get a shortened version of the concert here in the US or did Paul do MMT at the beginning? I missed the first 20 minutes thanks to work. Cubanheel, my kids were being yakky too and I warned them that if they talked during Paul's performance bad things would happen to them.  ;)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages

I can remember at multiple shows of Paul's that when the fireworks first hit in LALD I could hear nearby people that had no idea it was coming and loved the fact that an old guy would have that in his show.

nimrod

I dont think Paul can sing anymore, his voice sounds terrible

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better

Of course he can still sing. He sounds like Sir Paul McCartney at nearly 70 and I would rather hear him sing his songs than anybody else, simply because he sings them better than anyone else. The same goes for Sir Elton, Sir Tom, Sir Cliff and Dame Shirley. Paul's voice is incredible for his age. Actually.

He stole the show also.

Well done Sir.

nimrod

Of course he can still sing. He sounds like Sir Paul McCartney at nearly 70 and I would rather hear him sing his songs than anybody else, simply because he sings them better than anyone else. The same goes for Sir Elton, Sir Tom, Sir Cliff and Dame Shirley. Paul's voice is incredible for his age. Actually.

He stole the show also.

Well done Sir.

Well its all about opinions, but surely there must come a time when even his most ardent fans can see that Pauls voice is frequently off key and worn out, he also cant reach the high notes in songs like Mystery tour, I squirmed a fair bit through it, it has to be said that Paul is nowhere near the singer he once was, neither is Elton John.
Tom Jones on the other hand seems to have a stronger voice than ever, I was amazed at how good he still is, for me Tom (and Im not a fan of his) was the best singer on there by a mile.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Tom Jones on the other hand seems to have a stronger voice than ever, I was amazed at how good he still is, for me Tom (and Im not a fan of his) was the best singer on there by a mile.

Sir Thomas John Woodward, OBE was 72 yesterday.  Happy Birthday Sir Tom Jones!

Yes, Kev, he still sounds great.

nimrod

Sir Thomas John Woodward, OBE was 72 yesterday.  Happy Birthday Sir Tom Jones!

Yes, Kev, he still sounds great.

for 72 he looks and sounds fantastic Barry (glad he's stopped dying his hair)

KelMar

for 72 he looks and sounds fantastic

Oh yeah!!

nimrod

Page created in 0.541 seconds with 73 queries.