Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Five Minutes With Yoko Ono  (Read 620 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Five Minutes With Yoko Ono
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:03:16 AM »

Forbes India
February 27, 2012
Five Minutes With Yoko Ono

Five minutes. That’s all the time I’d get with Yoko Ono. The legendary singer, song-writer, performance artist, peace activist and widow of John Lennon was going to be in New Delhi in early 2012, for four days, inaugurating two shows in India. Five minutes. The last time she visited India was along with Lennon in the 70s. One of the shows, ‘Our Beautiful Daughters,’ was conceived exclusively for India while the other, ‘The Seed,’ is a retrospective. Both were to open simultaneously at two Vadehra galleries.I had asked for about an hour. That was cut by half. Then a further fifteen minutes were whittled away. What kind of interview was possible in fifteen minutes? Roshini Vadehra, daughter of founder Arun Vadehra and director of the institution, met me the weekend before the invitations-only press conference. From the very start, she said, the plan made between herself and Parul Vadehra, sister-in-law and co-director, “was to limit access, to keep it dignified.” So there was no question of getting to spend an extended time with Ono. Her team of five handlers would act as buffers throughout and even for micro-brief individual interviews, the only opportunities would come immediately after the press-meet.

http://forbesindia.com/article/recliner/five-minutes-with-yoko-ono/32334/1
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 38 queries.