Solo forums > John Lennon

Where Were You?

<< < (4/47) > >>

ringorama:
I was negative 6 years, 11 months, and 1 day so I can't really tell you, I wasn't even a figment in my mom's imagination at that time.

The End:
[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1078147975,s=13 date=1086916849]Wow, touching stories. The one about Yoko made me tear up! [/quote]

The funny thing was, as we were leaving the concert and crossing over the road, Yoko's limo came tearing round the corner and nearly run us over!

It's weird, your story of that horrible morning is so similar to what I experienced - the world truly united on that day.

Sondra:
I must have collected every newspaper that week. He was on the cover everywhere. I would still have them if my mother didn't throw them out!!! She just didn't get it.  I can't believe it's going to be 25 years this December. Does that mean Sean is 30?? Wow!

:
I was sleeping.  My wife watched TV and saw the news, she didn't want to wake me up.  The phone rang, it was my best bud, and he told me.  I was still half asleep and it just didn't sink in...I even made some lame jokes.

People started calling me to offer sympathy as if it was a family member.  That's how well known it was that I was Mr Beatle fan.

What can one say?  It was amazing to see the world come together in grief.  For many of my generation, the first-gen's, it was the slamming of the sarcophagus lid on our own mortality.

We were young when the Beatles were young and their whole thrust was YOUTH.  Much of the 60's was the same thing, so when the event occured not only was it abundantly clear that there would never be a reunion, it also took our YOUTH away once and for all, and pushed us forward into the rest of our lives.

The End:
[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1078147975,s=17 date=1087873727]I must have collected every newspaper that week. He was on the cover everywhere. I would still have them if my mother didn't throw them out!!! She just didn't get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version