Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles in new school!  (Read 1122 times)

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
Beatles in new school!
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:03:49 PM »

Okay I didn't know where I should post this but anyways! As you all may not know I'm starting at a new school on monday (it's more focused on art, film, dance, music etc than a regular school) and when I got shown where all the rooms and things were I suddenly saw...two Beatles pictures on the wall! You know like those registration plates but with Penny Lane and Abbey Road on :D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: Beatles in new school!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »

Nice we have here in Germany/ Berlin a John Lennon Secondary School.

School Profile
The school profile of John Lennon Secondary School is defined by three values: achievement, open-mindedness and a friendly learning atmosphere.
A specialized emphasis is intentionally avoided. All subjects, including Math, German, Foreign Language, Social Studies, Science, Art and Physical Education, contribute equally to the common goal of a deep and profound education. Interdisciplinary instruction and projects are promoted and developed. Such education should enable students to attend a university of their choice or carry out vocational training. This includes the development and shaping of personal character and values, for example, tolerance, a sense of responsibility, and commitment. A connection to the Berlin universities and other educational institutions, as well as cooperation with various businesses, facilitates learning geared toward the world of working and careers.
This achievement cannot be brought about by simply acquiring knowledge in single subjects. Furthermore, our school procures work strategies and method analysis, which allows students to succeed in more and more complex professional and personal worlds.
Participating in contests, consortiums, and targeted scholastic advancement of gifted students also contribute to the development of commitment. Exchange programs with schools in other countries, excursions and field trips, in addition to readings and lectures in the school, are indicators of our worldly perspective. Even the integration of new technologies and media in the classrooms point toward this.
We want to achieve a friendly learning atmosphere in the school through candor, in which decisions are made together and the school body trustingly works together, for instance. The clarity of decisions and reciprocal information are part of this, too. Non-violence, listening, cooperation, and constructive conflict resolution are characteristics of a comfortable learning atmosphere. The school newspaper has a unique capacity here, too.
(Attuned decision of the School Conference  on May 22nd, 2002).
School Curriculum
The school curriculum was resolved on May 13th, 2003 at a faculty meeting
Report of the School Inspection
The report about the 160 school inspections from last year and the year before last is finally published. I already gave word internally about the most important results. 19 of the 160 inspected schools are “good schools” with a strong profile and very high quality. The JLG belongs to this group.
In February, 2006, the John Lennon Secondary School volunteered as one of the first schools in Berlin to participate in a Pilot Project School Inspection.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:29:33 PM by Badgirl66 »

MusicAngell

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:05:48 PM »

Okay I didn't know where I should post this but anyways! As you all may not know I'm starting at a new school on monday (it's more focused on art, film, dance, music etc than a regular school) and when I got shown where all the rooms and things were I suddenly saw...two Beatles pictures on the wall! You know like those registration plates but with Penny Lane and Abbey Road on :D

Your avatar cracks me up- my son just now is watching that movie- Such a great cult film.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »

Haha, that's cool! It's my favorite movie ever ^_^ and that's awesome Badgirl66  :D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

yavanna

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 07:02:01 AM »

Nice we have here in Germany/ Berlin a John Lennon Secondary School.

I know somebody who went to that school. You can imagine how jeolous I got when he told me.
If the sun has faded away
I'll try to make it shine

Page created in 1.911 seconds with 49 queries.