Beatles forums > Albums

Let It Be Album

<< < (2/5) > >>

nimrod:

--- Quote from: BeatlesandBud on August 27, 2012, 10:30:59 PM ---Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm still definitely a Beatles "noob" and I am learning and finding new songs all the time (although new songs are becoming harder to find ;D) . Anyways while I was looking into it some more I found this little gem from John, "He was given the sh*ttiest load of badly recorded sh*t with a lousy feeling to it ever, and he made something of it... When I heard it, I didn't puke." It gives me the impression that he wasn't really satisfied with his work with the Beatles. Very ironic considering I feel it is some of the most amazing music ever made. He repeats this sentiment. If I am correct he referred to And your bird can sing as "a bunch of sh*t I wrote" ... geez John show some confidence in your work !!! Ok I'm off to listen to Let it Be ... Naked !!

--- End quote ---

John was a genius, and like most genius's no-one understands how their mind works..

Paul is the same but in a different way

if you listen to LIB Naked, compare 'I Me Mine' versions on both albums.................. without the Brass band it sounds empty on Naked IMO

Dcazz:
I like the Naked album better. I don't think The Beatles envisioned it with Spectors angel choirs and much additional overdubs. Another point for me is that without the wall of sound I can hear more distinct guitar work. It gives us Beatle fans something new to figure out years after it was made. Considering Georges I, Me Mine was recorded in April 1970 without John it is a nice excersize in George guitar as he played them all. Much fun!

ibanez_ax:

--- Quote from: Dcazz on August 28, 2012, 01:34:31 PM ---I like the Naked album better. I don't think The Beatles envisioned it with Spectors angel choirs and much additional overdubs. Another point for me is that without the wall of sound I can hear more distinct guitar work. It gives us Beatle fans something new to figure out years after it was made. Considering Georges I, Me Mine was recorded in April 1970 without John it is a nice excersize in George guitar as he played them all. Much fun!

--- End quote ---

I also like the original "Get Back" album that was left with Glyn Johns when the Beatles abandoned the project.  A bit unpolished but I'm not crazy about what Spector did with some of the songs.  There are actually 2 versions of "Get Back" with slightly different track listings.

No official versions exist. Dr. Ebbetts did a nice job with both.

BeatlesandBud:
I too much prefer the Naked album and this is the one I'm going to put on my ipod. If its good enough for Paul, its good enough for me ;D

Kevin:

--- Quote from: nimrod on August 28, 2012, 12:03:21 AM ---John was a genius, and like most genius's no-one understands how their mind works..

--- End quote ---

Sooo...you're saying John was a bit (I'm trying to think of nice words here) "contrary", "liable to change his mind" or simply "gtt things a bit wrong" because he was a genius? Hmm. Could just be that he was a contrary, mind changing, getting things wrong kind of guy (jamming with Elvis, smoking dope in the palace, seeing UFO's....etc).
I don't think these are traits held in monopoly by alleged geniuses. Even the biggest idiot is capable of them every now and then.
He does seem very prone to making contradictory statements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version