Beatles forums > Polls

Who wrote the better songs on Sgt. Pepper? John or Paul?

<< < (3/11) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: nimrod on February 03, 2012, 11:35:37 PM ---Yes I was just thinking as I read this thread that its actually quite pointless 

We all like what we like

I went on an Pink Floyd forum once and it was mostly sqaublling between the Roger waters fans and the David Gilmour fans, I lasted about 5 minutes on there and just thought, surely there are more important things in life  ha2ha

The point is, it doesnt matter who wrote the best songs, its The most celebrated Beatle album and its fecking great  ;D

--- End quote ---

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong

Nada Surf:
You can't put Strawberry or Penny Lane on Sgt. Pepper because they weren't on there and we all know what Martin said.
You also can't put Imagine on Abbey Road as it was going to be if it were finished.
However, I think this is a great poll!
I think this is one of the few albums Paul was better than John, but only barely.

KelMar:

--- Quote from: nimrod on February 03, 2012, 01:33:58 PM ---Mr Kite carries this on, a story about a strange circus with very strange characters, this song for me is like a painting, it triggers visions and feelings of another world of fantasy and imagination.

--- End quote ---

That song is like a feast for the ears, especially now that I have the right headphones.

--- Quote ---why the animal noises at the end, LOL
--- End quote ---

My dogs like that part. They also like that sound that John put in at the end of the album for them.  ;D

Brynjar:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on February 03, 2012, 11:53:41 PM ---And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong
I'm right where I belong
I'm right where I belong

--- End quote ---

;)

NowhereMan28:
I never said that I didn't like Pauls songs on the album cuz I do. I'm just saying that they were not as critically acclaimed universally as the Lennon songs were! And I will still maintain that A Day In The Life was 85% Lennon's / 15% McCartney ! I read in an article that Paul was really trying to keep up with Lennon's creativity. He said John came in with Strawberry Fields at the first session and he along with everyone else was floored. Then he introduced the Pepper theme and his songs, but John came out on top and toppled everyone including their competitors like Brian Wilson with Day In The Life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version