Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: When is the catalogue going to be remastered?  (Read 11321 times)

Revolver

• One And One Is Two
When is the catalogue going to be remastered?
« on: March 28, 2005, 07:41:16 PM »

Every two bit band that has ever existed has their catalgue remastered.  What about the most well-known catalgue in recorded music history?  I have no particlar attachment to th American albums and think they are fake, so I'm not going to buy them.  I want the UK versions!!!!!!!

The sound on Yellow Submarine only makes me want it more.  The Yellow Submarine album shows what could be done if anybody chose to do so.

The music deserves more than this!!!!!

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
Re: When is the catalogue going to be remastered?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 08:04:29 PM »

Considering the Beatles catalogue, it would take a lot of $$ to remaster them. I think Apple isn't quite keen because it would cater only to audiophiles which, really is just a minority.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 08:33:52 PM »

Quote from: MagicAlex
I think Apple isn't quite keen because it would cater only to audiophiles which, really is just a minority.

I doubt it. I think that if they'd re-release all the Beatles albums, remastered and with some nice new cover art (cause the current CD booklets and back covers look like sh!t), and they'd built a big promotional campaign around it and re-release them all around christmas... I'm sure some of the albums would even re-enter the album charts.

Revolver

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 09:12:58 PM »

Considering the Beatles catalogue, it would take a lot of $$ to remaster them. I think Apple isn't quite keen because it would cater only to audiophiles which, really is just a minority.

I can't agree.  The Beatles have released tons of stuff over the past 10 years, almost all of it has been released in one form or another (Beatles 1).  It has all sold extremely well.  There is no reason to think the stuff wouldn't sell.

If what you're saying is true, why does anybody remaster their stuff?  The Stones have far more albums than the Beatles and they re-did their stuff.  Do you really think the Stones remasters are going to outsell the Beatles remasters?

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 09:49:20 PM »

I think if the Beatles remaster all their albums is going to be a huge success. Take AC/DC for example, their new remastered albums are selling pretty well and they include awesome booklets full of pics and notes.

---powered by Moondogs®---

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 10:33:02 PM »

I think what Bruno said is key... They need to pack those suckers tight with information on the studio sessions for the album, what was going on with the beatles during the time and a crap load of pictures in the booklet... that would make them so much better... I would buy every cd again, and I've already done that...

Anyway... Lets cross our fingers?

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »

I think the artist control is very tight on this catalog. I would prefer a hirez version as well.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 10:34:28 PM »

If EMI or Capitol controlled the catalog, it'd be like Elvis: endless remasterings, repackagings, best-ofs, box sets, remixes, twofers, etc. over the years.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 12:02:16 AM »

What is 1? Its a repackaged 'best of' of sorts and it has moved a ton of copies. If they remastered the collection, it would sell a ton. Not just audiophiles. I don't know what minority you are talking about. Compared to the population of the entire planet? There are huge huge numbers of fans that have been waiting for decent remasters for years. How long did people b**** about the first 4 CDs? Every time they remaster, repackage, whatever, people go for it.

Ivo

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 04:25:52 AM »

Quote from: Bruno
I think if the Beatles remaster all their albums is going to be a huge success. Take AC/DC for example, their new remastered albums are selling pretty well and they include awesome booklets full of pics and notes.

I agree, I know a lot of people chomping at the bit to get these albums remastered\repackaged.  Besides, one thing about The Beatles, they gain new fans every year and these albums will continue to sell for many years to come regardles.

That being said though, of all the bands from the 60's The Beatles are by far one of the best recorded bands of that era...thanks to George Martin.  A lot of bands remastered albums don't even sound as good as the current Beatles albums out right now.  Anyone heard the 60's era Stones albums remastered?  They are barely better than the orginals...they were a horribly recorded band until the late 60's, early 70's imo.

I'm off like a herd of turtles.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 02:17:16 PM »

I'm with you guys :D Ok "1" is a success. The problem is, the circa 1987 technology cd's are selling very well. Just look at where the Beatles albums are ranked on Amazon. The majority of them are in the Top 200, so there is no economic incentive to remaster. Remastering after all costs money, and they would have to revamp the packaging to bring it up to 21st Century standardsl and that would cost money too. They could perhaps sell a few more CD

Revolver

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 03:25:51 PM »

I'm with you guys :D Ok "1" is a success. The problem is, the circa 1987 technology cd's are selling very well. Just look at where the Beatles albums are ranked on Amazon. The majority of them are in the Top 200, so there is no economic incentive to remaster. Remastering after all costs money, and they would have to revamp the packaging to bring it up to 21st Century standardsl and that would cost money too. They could perhaps sell a few more CD

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 12:58:44 AM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 10:01:52 PM »

I'm starting to get p*ssed. How long do we have to wait? What are they waiting for? They already know its going to be a cash cow, so do it already so I can buy them again.

I have at least one song that skips on almost all of them because I drink to much and throw them around like frisbees, but still. I'm not buying them again until their reissued.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 01:38:12 AM »

make new friends who can catch a frisbee tard....no buy the cds upgrade you cheep some beach.... ;D
we love you todd we are fans how are your wife and my kids?call me you puke....

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 04:06:11 AM »

Quote from: 373
How long do we have to wait?

How long have you got? ;D I used to avidly devour news reports about impending Beatles reissues until friends started telling me that I had an Ahab complex or was beginning to sound like Agent Mulder after an especially bad run in with the cigarette man. These days I just refer anybody who asks to the nice people at Purple Chick and pretend that the only possible meaning for the word "apple" is that it's a fruit you buy at an outdoor market and sometimes squash into apple sauce for fun.

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 05:19:04 AM »

I don't mean to sound dumb, but are you talking about the re-issue of the Beatles albums??
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »

Do you want them reissued for better sound quality or just because you want to buy new vinyls? Cuz you can get vinyl from ebay or imports.

Bobber

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 07:07:32 PM »

I'm very happy with the Purple Chick collection at the moment. Thanks again Paul.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 08:19:59 PM »

Quote from: 63
I'm very happy with the Purple Chick collection at the moment. Thanks again Paul.

You're welcome. TK, why don't you download a few, see what you think.

http://6plus3.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.541 seconds with 82 queries.