I was just wondering – did Pete Best ever have fantasies of revenge after being canned from the Beatles?
I know I would have. In fact I’ve thought of a few I’ll share with you.
• I would have imagined becoming bigger than them with more wealth and fame.
• After this happened, I would imagine them begging me to come back. Naturally, I would turn them down.
• After the Beatles fired me, I’d imagine that the fans got really mad at them and no longer liked them. After that happened, they’d again beg me to come back.
• I would have imagined that they dive bombed after a few hit records. Here again, they’d try to ask me back.
• Ringo would have turned out to be a really bad drummer. The Beatles would have realized this and expressed open regret in interviews that they had canned me.
• Experts would state in interviews on talk shows that I was the main reason the Beatles became famous. Fans would really start getting angry about this. The fans would say: “Wow, the Beatles fired him even though he was the one who made them popular and gave them a great musical sound. Okay, we’re not listening to the Beatles anymore and we’re never gonna buy any of their records again. Unless – and only – if they publicly apologize to Pete for what they did to him. Then we will expect them to give Pete half of their record sales to try and make it up to him.”
• Can you think of other revenge fantasies Pete may have had? I’ve written this just for fun (with all due respect to Pete) – not to be taken very seriously, really.