Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Beatles under a microscope - Abbey Road  (Read 64514 times)

Toejam

• A Beginning
Re: Beatles under a microscope - Abbey Road
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »

So, you havent answered my question and pointed out the parts of the melodies of Sun king and Albatross that are the same, I can tell you why you havent, because there arent any, this is just some crap youve read in a trashy book no doubt, but really mate, you have come on a Beatle fan forum and said that 4 of Johns songs on imo THE greatest album ever made (in not just my opinion but endless pro's opinions) are sh*tty rip offs , and yet you cant show me the parts of the melody that John stole ????

Are you for f***ing real ?

You dont think its a question of debate ??? how ridiculous, I have a degree in music appreciation, I am a musician of 40 years standing, I know many pro musicians, so I have some qualification to speak about music, and I have asked you to show me the parts that John plagiarised, and you brush over it and say, its not worth debating ??

and to top it off a personal insult......I'M one of THOSE people who comes across rather shrill ??

Ok mate heres the deal, the Beatles are my gods, my heroes, they were Beethovens of the 60's....you can tell me all day long that you dont like them or their music and I will accept that as music is subjective, you can tell me that the Beatles are sh*t, I will accept that that is your opinion,  but if you come on here (a great Beatles forum) and tell me that John plagiarised 4 songs on Abbey Road you'd better be able to f***ing well prove it, and thats just it, you cant, you have offered no proof whatsoever, just your opinion, the melodies of Sun King and Albatross (both of which I have loved since 1969) are completely different...completely.

If you had made some attempt to prove what your saying I would have some respect for you, but you havent, youve just made scurrilous remarks about John Lennon, Id feel exactly the same if you'd said it about Paul or George.
As for what you say about Moonlight Sonata, that is purely laughable mate, according to your theory there would be no more new songs ever as all chord permutations have been used already and there are none left, I can name you at least 6 famous songs with the chords C -Am - F - G, in the verses, so theyre all copied and are plagiarised ?

your last two posts are laughable, and put simply they are Crap (with a capitol C)

I strongly suggest you learn more about harmony & melody before posting defamatory diatribes about a subject, and immensely talented and famous people like John Lennon........and if you must do it, be prepared to prove your case with facts.
Well! I really think your blowing this out of propotion. I joined this forum because I love the Beatles. If you look at the vast majority of my posts about the band and their post-Beatles career you'll see how much I love them. As to calling them 'sh*tty' I haven't said those songs were 'sh*tty' on the contrary go back and look at my post yesterday I was telling the poster who did call them 'sh*tty' that that was a bit strong i then just happened to mention what I've thought for a few years about 4 of Johns songs on Abbery rd and I stand by that. Like I said I'm far from the only person to think those things about those songs so maybe you aught to calm down a bit and get some perspective. Of all The Beatles fans I've ever come across who react badly to negative things I say about them no one has been so over-the-top as you. Fair enough you worship them... I don't. I love lots of things about them and their art and I 'have issues' with some of things about them. Deal with it.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »

Albatross

Fleetwood Mac Albatross

Fleetwood Mac   1969

The Piano Sonata No. 14 in C♯ minor "Quasi una fantasia", op. 27, No. 2, by Ludwig van Beethoven

Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (FULL) - Piano Sonata No. 14
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2012, 11:32:31 PM »

Well! I really think your blowing this out of propotion. I joined this forum because I love the Beatles. If you look at the vast majority of my posts about the band and their post-Beatles career you'll see how much I love them. As to calling them 'sh*tty' I haven't said those songs were 'sh*tty' on the contrary go back and look at my post yesterday I was telling the poster who did call them 'sh*tty' that that was a bit strong i then just happened to mention what I've thought for a few years about 4 of Johns songs on Abbery rd and I stand by that. Like I said I'm far from the only person to think those things about those songs so maybe you aught to calm down a bit and get some perspective. Of all The Beatles fans I've ever come across who react badly to negative things I say about them no one has been so over-the-top as you. Fair enough you worship them... I don't. I love lots of things about them and their art and I 'have issues' with some of things about them. Deal with it.

You come on a Beatles fan forum accuse John of blatantly cheating on 4 songs on one album (without proving it) and you tell me to deal with it, whats your next trick ? tell me my Mother was a whore and ask me to deal with that haha

I ask you again, show me the melodic notes or words in Sun King that are the same as the melodic notes, (phrasing and intervals) on Albatross..........the song Because has a lovely ORIGINAL melody, show me (again the above) on Moonlight where that melody is stolen

What Im asking you to do is not rocket science, we all know the same notes on She's So Fine are duplicated by George (maybe not intentionally) on My Sweet Lord so show me the bits that John copied ?

No my friend, I wont 'deal with it'

What you are going around saying 'as fact' completely undermines John as a credible artist, its not like your saying something trivial that's just 'your opinion'...............also I cant get over the fact that you think Im blowing this out of proportion, these are huge accusations your stating here and you are saying these things without the knowledge or in any way being able to substantiate your accusations, thats what I cant deal with, if your going to put huge and outrageous claims forward on this magnificent site as fact, then prove what you are saying is true. If you cant, then dont say them, or if you do, expect you claims to annoy the crap out of people.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2012, 12:03:41 AM »

Albatross!

Do you get wafers with it then?

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2012, 12:06:41 AM »

of all message boards/forums I've ever been on, that is my favorite smiley, didn't realize it was here

nimrod

« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »

I like this one Todd  ha2ha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »

of all message boards/forums I've ever been on, that is my favorite smiley, didn't realize it was here

I had to search for it.  ha2ha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »

Thats a good one. There's tons, but this is one of my faves.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2012, 01:26:25 AM »

As a matter of fact, just accept that mine is the best or i'll send Denise after you.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2012, 01:40:13 AM »

Sorry, Todd.  Yours is not the best.

Now send over Denise!!    ;D   

nimrod

« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »

that feckin cats face cracks me up

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2012, 09:50:55 AM »

You come on a Beatles fan forum accuse John of blatantly cheating on 4 songs on one album (without proving it) and you tell me to deal with it, whats your next trick ? tell me my Mother was a whore and ask me to deal with that haha

I think that just says it all about just how overly worked up you are about this. If you can't just talke about something as trivial as to wheter or not John Lennon borrowed a few ideas for his songs  without flipping your lid then I'll leave you to it.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

nimrod

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »

I think that just says it all about just how overly worked up you are about this. If you can't just talke about something as trivial as to wheter or not John Lennon borrowed a few ideas for his songs  without flipping your lid then I'll leave you to it.

Trivial ??? plagiarism = trivial ??

what planet are you on ?

still waiting for you to prove what you claim btw about John nicking songs

but somehow I get the feeling your not going too (or not able too), now why doesnt that surprise me ?

anyway Ive said all Im going to say on this, I will leave you too your weird beliefs that Sun King has the same melody as Albatross and that Because has the same melody as Beethovens Moonlight sonata and I will shake my head in disbelief that you call yourself a Beatles fan while at the same time you p*ss on John Lennons memory, reputation & grave. (figuratively speaking of course)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:37 AM »

I always wondered whether fans in 1969 realised it was really The End for The Beatles.

We had no idea that it was the end for The Beatles in the Fall of 1969.  We were too busy looking for clues!  ;)

But seriously, there was very little in the way of news regarding The Beatles in those days.  It was just what we read in newspapers or the news we got over radio and TV.  We were happy with the release of Abbey Road and thought it was another in their series of albums over six years.  We looked forward to their next album in 1970.  We started to hear about rifts in the Spring of 1970.

Bobber

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »

We had no idea that it was the end for The Beatles in the Fall of 1969.  We were too busy looking for clues!  ;)

But seriously, there was very little in the way of news regarding The Beatles in those days.  It was just what we read in newspapers or the news we got over radio and TV.  We were happy with the release of Abbey Road and thought it was another in their series of albums over six years.  We looked forward to their next album in 1970.  We started to hear about rifts in the Spring of 1970.

Those wonderful days when the internet was science fiction.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »

I gree! We had no idea. We would get media stuff on John and Yoko's antics and Paul is Dead broke wide open in the fall of 69 and Let It Be was to be released whenever, so it just seemed they would keep on going.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

As a matter of fact, just accept that mine is the best or i'll send Denise after you.

Poor Charlie - I think!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Page created in 0.755 seconds with 83 queries.