Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A Land Fit For Criminals  (Read 3850 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
A Land Fit For Criminals
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »

Britain has become a land fit for criminals. Take the case of wanted terrorists. They know that they can flee to Britain and live here on benefits and be immune from their crimes in their own country. No wonder France referred to us as

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: A Land Fit For Criminals
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »

I was talking to a women i've known for years the other day , she's a seamstress makes curtains , but now she's customising jackets and coats for shoplifters, sows in a special pocket for the goods  , say's she can't keep up with demand .

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:20:25 PM »

I am baffled about this government's attitude to burglars. You are not allowed to touch them if they enter your house in case the police prosecute you instead of them. The Government has also told the judiciary not to jail burglars. If this happened in America, a burglar caught in your house could be shot dead and you would be within your legal rights: Here is one story:

Gary Hall found a teenage burglar in his home and wrestled him to ground while his wife called 999.  Three hours later police still hadn

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »

im amazed at why everyone works legit in the uk ? Free Dental, Free Prescriptions, Free housing. Its no wonder folk sign on and then work casually when there is all this on offer.

Last week out of my wage i spent 12 quid on inhalers, a 150 on dental treatment and then then my rent, leaving me with as little as the unemployed to live on, without all the work involved, country is backwards imo.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »

It is outragous and very valid points guys. Right now I am looking at the house of lords make more mockery on the news. These are the idiots that pass many of our laws, although European govt policies from Brussels have certainly made it all the more complex. More room to manoeuvre for the corrupt.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »

Quote from: 1062
I am baffled about this government's attitude to burglars. You are not allowed to touch them if they enter your house in case the police prosecute you instead of them. The Government has also told the judiciary not to jail burglars. If this happened in America, a burglar caught in your house could be shot dead and you would be within your legal rights: Here is one story:

Gary Hall found a teenage burglar in his home and wrestled him to ground while his wife called 999.  Three hours later police still hadn

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:28 AM »

Actually in the US, you can't shoot an intruder unless you can prove they have a weapon and/or are trying to hurt you.  I remember a case where a someone broke into a home and the owners had a dog.  Well the dog attacked and seriously hurt the intruder.  The homeowners got in trouble because they did not have a beware of dog sign.  That story made me sick.
<br />

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 02:13:55 AM »

And to add...its always the middle class people who are screwed.  If your poor the government gives you all kinds of breaks, free money, medical, who knows what else.  If your rich you don't have to worry about money.  But if your middle class, you are expected to pay for your own stuff, no breaks.  So after you pay up all your mortgage, medical, dental, insurance, etc.  You are living on practically nothing.
<br />

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 11:32:09 AM »

The free prescriptions etc are for people in Scotland and Wales, not England. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own assemblies which make the rules. Only England doesn't have one. The Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish can force through legislation for England on everything from Schools to Pensions, but the English have no say in the other countries of Disunited Britain.

As for the prison system:

The British prison system is a joke. Britain

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 10:23:10 AM »

It's probably even worse here. You're not allowed to touch a burglar here either. If you find one in your house and hit him, you'll probably get sued for abuse.

But what's even more rediculous: when a burglar steals something from you, you don't get it back until he formally distances himself from it!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »

It was revealed today that over a thousand British policemen have criminal records, including those for burglary. Last Thursday's front page headlines: "Murders, rapes...shocking crimes of the lifers released under Labour - The 65 Killers Freed To Strike Again' while last Friday's papers announced 'Teen robberies, violence and drug crime soar to record levels' and Saturday's headlines were 'Serial teenage criminals could escape with a slap on the wrist - Burglars  With Drug Habit To Be let Off', each day there are stories such as 'Wife told police violent husband would kill her. they ignored her...and he stabbed her to death.' Sunday papers announced 'Ex-cons given six point five million for losing free board and lodging'. this means that currently prisoners only complete half of their sentence, but are now released earlier than that, but because they are released early, they are paid for the food and accomodation which would have been provided if they stayed in prison.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »

I once disturbed a burglar , i was working in a mental health hostle in the 80's and i heard a noise in the middle of the night , thinking it was one of the residents i went down stairs to investigate with the dog and found a man in the office , i've never been so scared , thankfully the dog was a German Shepherd i don't know if she picked up on my fear but she went straight for him , i picked up a snooker que and started to hit him round the head and shoulders while the dog bite into his arm.
He managed to get back through the window somehow , the police said it was OK to attack someone if you were in fear of your life . Not sure if we had killed him though they would have been so understanding .

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »

Well, of course I can see why you can't just do whatever you want to a burglar... Suppose you want to teach someone a lesson... Than you could just invite him in for a beer, beat him to a bloody pulp as soon as he enters your house and tell the police that he tried to rob you...

Pilzkopf

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »

Well, if you can find out where the burglar lives, you could always go round and burgle his house - while he's there. If he so much as touches you....

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »

"A land fit for criminals" ... apparently in Texas it is the other extreme. Here's a story of a man who went next door and shot to death  two people he thought were burgling his neighbor's house - and got off without charges. He shot them in the back ...

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou071115_tj_911call.7f804f1.html
KHOU.com staff report

11 News reporter Kevin Reece talks to the shooter and his attorney

The Pasadena homeowner who gunned down two alleged burglars Wednesday told 11 News that he is "petrified."

Police released the 911 call from Wednesday
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 71 queries.