Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Why does everyone hate Yoko?  (Read 21936 times)

MrsHarrison

• A Beginning
  • Have I said something amiss?
Re: Why does everyone hate Yoko?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 07:20:29 AM »

I always thought Yoko was a little conceited for naming her daughter Kyoko. I mean... K. Yoko. Kyoko. Did she not have any other baby name options?  ha2ha

I look from the wings of the play you are staging. As I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging. While my guitar gently weeps.

Almighty Doer of Stuff

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »

Although of course this is uncited information from Wikipedia, the Kyoko section of Yoko's page says "In 1994 (some sources say 1998), Kyoko, fully grown and married, re-established a connection with her mother that resulted in a 2001 reunion. Kyoko's daughter Emi also met her grandmother at this time. Although Kyoko avoids publicity, she did grant an interview where she revealed that her reunion with Ono was a very happy one, and they remain in close contact to this day. Kyoko made a rare public appearance in August 2005 at the opening of Lennon, the Musical."

I'll leave this up to you guys to determine whether this is true. I wouldn't know where to look to verify that information.

Ahme

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »

I found this:

Biography for
Kyoko Ono Cox More at IMDbPro ยป
advertisement
Date of Birth
8 August 1963, Tokyo, Japan

Birth Name
Kyoko Chan Cox

Trivia

Daughter of Yoko Ono and Anthony Cox.

Reunited with Yoko Ono and met her half-brother, Sean Lennon, for the first time. [1997]

Mother of 2 children.

Disappeared from her mother's life in 1972 after her father took her and changed her name.

Was involved in a custody battle from 1969 to 1972 between her parents.

After her parents divorced, her father Anthony Cox remarried. Kyoko and her father followed her new stepmother in a cult called "The Walk". Kyoko was given the new name Rosemary. Kyoko and her father eventually left the Walk, becoming fundamentalist Christians, and helped produce a film documentary exposing the cult.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »

Kyoko's daughter Emi also met her grandmother at this time.

I knew the world hated me.

Ahme

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

Picture taken by Bob Gruen in 1998

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 01:46:32 AM »

Kyoko looks more like Sean than her mother if you ask me.

Almighty Doer of Stuff

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 03:55:55 AM »

That may be partially because Yoko's wearing sunglasses. I think there's a striking resemblance between Yoko and her daughter. Same shape face, same shape nose. Kyoko has much smaller ears though (I think, anyway. Her ear is partially obscured by her hair, so it's hard to tell.)

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 08:35:57 AM »

She looks friendlier.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »

She looks friendlier.

Yes, Yoko does have a rather demonic looking smile in that picture, doesn't she?

The name's Emily :)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »

Yes, Yoko does have a rather demonic looking smile in that picture, doesn't she?

Haha!!  ha2ha

But they do look a lot alike. It's kind of weird. Does anyone know who Kyoko's father is?

Bobber

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »

T
Haha!!  ha2ha

But they do look a lot alike. It's kind of weird. Does anyone know who Kyoko's father is?

Tony Cox

I did a Google search for Tony and it came up with this:

About the same size as Yoko.

Bobber

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »

Yoko with Kyoko and Tony Cox:

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 04:18:48 AM »

About the same size as Yoko.
ha2ha That statement pretty much made my day.

Guessing from the picture, I'm guessing she placed Tony on a macrobiotic diet as well?

George does not approve.

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 01:16:02 PM »

Picture taken by Bob Gruen in 1998

Kyoko is actually really pretty.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 01:10:16 PM »

Kyoko is actually really pretty.

Yeah, maybe is Yoko had done something with her hair she could be half that pretty.  :-X :D

Almighty Doer of Stuff

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »

The woman is 76 years old, people. Obviously she's not going to look like a supermodel.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 05:12:03 PM »

The woman is 76 years old, people. Obviously she's not going to look like a supermodel.

I saw Yoko on TV performing with Basement Jaxx and for a 76 year old she had some moves. Respect because most people can't chew their own food at her age. and she didn't look too bad either.
It was obvious that in some circles she is regarded with some respect. The kind of music she makes isn't the kind of music I listen to or am knowledgeable of, so I'm loathe to judge it. But at least she's out there doing it.
I think if anyone should be blamed for her intrusion into The Beatles recording process then it should be John. It was his girlfriend/wife, he invited her in and he could have had her out. They were his friends and work partners, not hers. It was his call.
But I debate with myself over this. If Paul or George had a caucasian junkie girlfriend who lay around the studio would it have caused this level of debate? Is there some latent racism (in me included) that makes her a target, plus the fact that she was a rather driven and strong woman who dared to intrude into the Beatles precious masculine inner circle? Would we like her more if she's been a compliant background companion like Linda? Beatle fans tend to like their Beatle wives pretty, silent and compliant. Ask Heather.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:20:11 PM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »

Would we like her more if she's been a compliant background companion like Linda?

Yes

She wasnt a Beatle. She should have stayed out. Normal people would have. I've been with some friends working on cars before and my wife wasnt by my side giving me her opinion on something she had no clue about.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »

I saw Yoko on TV performing with Basement Jaxx and for a 76 year old she had some moves. Respect because most people can't chew their own food at her age. and she didn't look too bad either.
It was obvious that in some circles she is regarded with some respect. The kind of music she makes isn't the kind of music I listen to or am knowledgeable of, so I'm loathe to judge it. But at least she's out there doing it.
I think if anyone should be blamed for her intrusion into The Beatles recording process then it should be John. It was his girlfriend/wife, he invited her in and he could have had her out. They were his friends and work partners, not hers. It was his call.
But I debate with myself over this. If Paul or George had a caucasian junkie girlfriend who lay around the studio would it have caused this level of debate? Is there some latent racism (in me included) that makes her a target, plus the fact that she was a rather driven and strong woman who dared to intrude into the Beatles precious masculine inner circle? Would we like her more if she's been a compliant background companion like Linda? Beatle fans tend to like their Beatle wives pretty, silent and compliant. Ask Heather.

Kudos for this post, Kevin.  It makes a good point about it not being entirely Yoko's responsibility, and I'm glad you can respect her enough to let her do whatever she wants musically and not have a huge outspoken problem with it, even if it's not what you like.
I don't particularly like Yoko's solo work, but she has every right to do it.  Music was John's love, after all.  Though she does it for her own satisfaction, I suppose making music reminds her of him in a fond way too.  :)

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 01:50:02 AM »

Well, everybody is entitled to their opinion I suppose, but that woman was an evil f***ing b**** and for people to have blinders on just amazes me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.619 seconds with 88 queries.