Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Teenagers Guide  (Read 3144 times)

Bobber

Teenagers Guide
« on: September 21, 2005, 06:21:51 PM »

Since there's a lot of teens over here:

'Teenagers Guide to the Beatles' by Zane Lalani Speaks to a New Generation of Secret Beatle Fans

Edited by Beverly West
Staff Writer, Send2Press.com      

TAMPA, Fla. - September 20 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- Averstream Press  today announced the publication of "Teenagers Guide to the Beatles," by Zane Lalani, a book designed to bring the Beatles to a new generation of teenage Beatles fans, including many who keep their Beatles passion in the closet.

"It's not easy being a teenage Beatles fan these days," said author Zane Lalani. "Many teenage Beatles fans encounter resistance and ridicule from their friends when they express their passion for former Beatles John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr."

To avoid ridicule, Lalani found that some teen fans turn to Internet message boards, chat rooms and fan web sites to share their enthusiasm with fellow Beatles fans around the world. Teens get advice from other fans on how to deal with the resistance and even convert their friends into becoming Beatles fans. "Most of the time it's as simple as getting their friends to listen to a sampling from the Beatles' vast repertoire of music without revealing the artists" said Lalani. "Inevitably, a song or two grabs their interest and another new fan is born."

Lalani believes that a lack of knowledge about the Beatles plays a big part in some teens failing to appreciate the contribution the Beatles have made to popular music and pop culture. When Lalani's pre-teen daughter took an interest in the Beatles, he unsuccessfully searched for a book on the Beatles suitable for her age group.

"Although there is a vast number of books available on the Beatles, I found that most were written for a mature audience and not appropriate for young readers," said Lalani. "So, I set out to research and write about the Beatles with my daughter and her contemporaries in mind." The result is a fast-paced, easy-to-read book designed for the shorter attention span of young adolescents, with material suitable for pre-teens and teens alike.

"Teenagers Guide to the Beatles" probes many of the controversies, myths, and mysteries surrounding one of the most popular and influential music groups in history, and highlights the hot issues of particular interest to pre-teen and teenage readers. Parents, librarians, teachers, and other adults will feel comfortable that the book is both fun and appropriate for young fans.

Zane Lalani, a lifelong Beatles fan, was only five when the Beatles hit the big time, but their influence on his life was immediate. From their music to their hairstyles to clothing and movies, Lalani followed every move closely.

Book information:

"Teenagers Guide to the Beatles"
By Zane Lalani
$24.95 AverStream Press
ISBN: 0965874079
Hardcover 216 pages

For more information please visit: www.averstreampress.com

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Teenagers Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

I wonder what they thought was "inappropriate"? The sex and drugs? It just isn't the Beatles story without sex and drugs.

And if they're referring to reading level, well, I've never had even the slightest problem with any of the Beatle books Ive read.

Still a good idea, though. It's nice that they're acknowledging us.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:44:58 PM »

"the shorter attention span of young adolescents"

Do they think all kids hav short attention spans? Honestly, I know a few adults- fat pigeons.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 03:07:36 PM »

^lmao
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 01:19:09 AM »

has anyone read this book?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 01:26:11 AM »

probally a few skinny pigeons......

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 02:21:20 PM »

Quote from: ma_tt2
has anyone read this book?

I'm not sure if it's out already.

WorkingClassHero

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:52 AM »

A 5-year bump for this oldie thread.

I have this book and used it in class as a student text. It's definitely worth looking at/worth a read, although I think the content could be made more tighter and more focus and info about the actual key points in the Beatles story.

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 52 queries.