Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Rubber Soul underrated?  (Read 15153 times)

QuarryMan89

• One And One Is Two
Re: Rubber Soul underrated?
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »

I've always liked Rubber Soul but it's really grown on me in the last year or so. Revolver is my favourite ever, but I've really burned myself out on it in the last five years, so I don't listen to it all that much at the moment.
I will be pleased to see the Earthmen disintegrated!--John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

idontevenknow

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »

Personally I'd place Rubber Soul over Revolver because I think the songwriting's better overall and it's more consistent. Revolver was obviously groundbreaking, but I think it's a bit like a bunch of ideas being thrown against the wall, some work brilliantly, some don't. But then I like McCartney's songs on Rubber Soul substantially more, so I'm probably crazy

ArthurVandelay

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »

Rather than being UNDERrated, to me it's very overrated. The album starts off very strong, the first four or five songs being excellent. Then the album takes a huge nosedive with The Word.
Rubber Soul is probably the album with the most tracks that I skip of any Beatles album, I feel like half of the album is filler. I've never cared for Michelle or Girl, they're both border on insuffeerable to me. I usually skip The Word, What Goes On, Wait, and Run for Your Life.
Basically, I like the first five songs, I'm Looking Through You, In My Life, and If I Needed Someone.
I know I'm in the vast, vast minority on this one too. To Me, BFS, Help, and Revolver are far superior to RS and BFS and Help are underrated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 36 queries.