Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Cee Lo Green changes Lennon's "Imagine" lyrics to include pro-religion message  (Read 29586 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?

whole lotta' nothing there tkitna. never said i did,

Then why do you refute the facts that he did what he did. I just want you to admit them even if its easier for you to pretend they didnt happen.

intelligent debate about these issues is next to impossible,

With you, I agree.

without first demonizing john lennon the human being and in the process criticizing john the beatle.

Whats so wrong about calling him out for what he has done? Remember, I also admitted he has done a lot of good things too.

minus the improper behavior he displayed towards Cynthia in his youth, i have no reason to believe he was a bad apple.

I have no reason to believe he was a good apple. What has he done to prove he was besides sing a few tunes about peace and love? Has he given to charities? Has he fed the hungry? Has he healed the sick? I want to know about stuff like that, because I dont know. Just singing songs and running your mouth doesnt do it for me.

many here have said precisely the same thing. and your lukewarm, mawkish statements and "too little too late" "cornfed" assertions lead nowhere.

Yeah, with people like you who dont understand it. I'm just saying (and all i've been saying) is that John wasnt the poster child for a good person. He had a fair share of bad behaviors.

John was a peace activist and brutally honest to others, something that apparently you refuse to acknowledge.

I've repeatedly said he was a peace activist and as for being brutally honest, he seemed to p*ss a lot of people off? Maybe thats why the associate him as being a prick

Why did you feel the need to post this picture? Seriously, what does Lady Gaga playing Johns piano have to do with anything? See things like this cause you to lose any credibility that you hope to gain. Just posting a random picture causes me to feel you arent playing with a full deck. Well that and reading your posts.

7 of 13

• Getting Better

you are demonizing john lennon the man, your one sided delusional commentary, hopelessly linear statements and timid and gutless assertions are at best arbitrary nonsense, and are irrelevant. your uncritical pc distortions and woefully inept, drunken strawmen tell a very sad tale, and bear little resemblance to the truth. you also fail to recognize that john was a peace activist, made the same mistakes we all do, and was a real person underneath the tidal wave known as beatlemania. you pretending to know john lennon better than most and foolishly making out john lennon to be a purely evil person is corrupt and unthinkable beyond measure.
 ;sorry
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:30:41 PM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

you are demonizing john lennon the man, your one sided delusional commentary,

I've admitted many times in this thread that he has done good things and wasnt all bad, but you fail to recognize that. I'm beginning to believe that you just cant comprehend things.

hopelessly linear statements and timid and gutless assertions are at best arbitrary nonsense,

Nothing I have said in this thread is a lie. Prove me wrong.

your uncritical pc distortions and woefully inept, drunken strawmen tell a very sad tale,

Yes, the truth can hurt at times when its not what you want to hear.

and bear little resemblance to the truth.

If it wasnt the truth, you would jump at the chance to prove it wrong, but you cant so you continue to repeat yourself by basically calling me a liar.

you also fail to recognize that john was a peace activist, made the same mistakes we all do, and was a real person underneath the tidal wave known as beatlemania.

I've stated that John sang and preached about peace and love several times throughout this thread. Glad to see your admitting John made some mistakes. I've said he was only human how many times in this thread? Basically, i've said all the things you posted that I didnt several times in the thread, but you just cant seem to understand.

you pretending to know john lennon better than most

Already admitted that I didnt know him at all except for what i've read, heard, and seen,,,just like everybody else around here. Please try to keep up.

and foolishly making out john lennon to be a purely evil person is corrupt and unthinkable beyond measure.
 ;sorry

Purely evil? No. Evil at times? Yes. And he was. Now if you have no proof to change that, keep your mouth shut. Just like John said -

JOHN LENNON - "GIMME SOME TRUTH" HD

7 of 13

• Getting Better

oh the irony! tkitna you are an incredibly shallow and confused person, your timid and bankrupt pc assertions, drunken strawmen, dimestore commentary and woefully inadequate, imbecilic, meandering conclusions lead nowhere. you talking out of both sides of yer precious little mouth is quite uncourageous, your lukewarm semi-lucid "cornfed" moralizing an obscenity. get it straight.
;sorry

day tripper yeah

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

oh the irony! tkitna you are an incredibly shallow and confused person, your timid and bankrupt pc assertions, drunken strawmen, dimestore commentary and woefully inadequate, imbecilic, meandering conclusions lead nowhere. you talking out of both sides of yer precious little mouth is quite uncourageous, your lukewarm semi-lucid "cornfed" moralizing an obscenity. get it straight.
;sorry

Like an irritating itch he reappears, but has no purpose.

Here's one dedicated to you 7 of 13. Johns personal experience of kicking heroin. WAIT A MINUTE!!!! A person like John hooked on heroin? Blasphemy! Its got to be a lie.

John Lennon - Cold turkey (video)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

;sorry

You forgot to mention his filthy eastern ways.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

I think you guys should quit now, youve both made your points and theres no point keep in keep calling each other names.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

Lock her up Kev

7 of 13

• Getting Better

oh the irony. others here have echoed my exact sentiments nimrod, and the uncritical, bombastic responses manufactured by tkitna leave little to the imagination. my belief is he is just trying to derail the image of john lennon the peace activist, which is what he was, and to demonize the real john lennon. for what possible gain i can only wonder. i just don't understand this idea that since john had sex with girls, possibly engaged in recreational drug use beyond tea, was one of the beatles, and was a world class musician, that he automatically is an evil person. as others have pointed out this is nothing but unrealistic hating upon john lennon, his personal relationships with others is irrelevant, and in any event should not take away from his brutal honesty and conviction. it is precisely this type of 20/20 "cornfed" pc tunnelvision biases, and akward and fractured reasoning that i find counterproductive, unobjective and irrelevant.
 ;yes
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:13:41 PM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

and the uncritical, bombastic responses manufactured by tkitna leave little to the imagination.

No need to use your imagination when its the truth.

my belief is he is just trying to derail the image of john lennon the peace activist, which is what he was, and to demonize the real john lennon.

The real John Lennon demonized himself with some of the things he did.

for what possible gain i can only wonder.

Because you called him an angel and he wasnt.

possibly engaged in recreational drug use beyond tea,

Not possible, he did. He admitted it even if you wont. Also, being strung out on herion is hardly engaging in recreational drugs. Thats what is called a junkie.

as others have pointed out this is nothing but unrealistic hating upon john lennon, his personal relationships with others is irrelevant,

Its as irrelevant as him singing about peace and love then. Its a part of his life that I reflected on, but nobody wants to go there for some reason. Man up and start admitting that he did some not so great things in life.

and in any event should not take away from his brutal honesty and conviction. it is precisely this type of 20/20 "cornfed" pc tunnelvision biases, and akward and fractured reasoning that i find counterproductive, unobjective and irrelevant.

Right, you like many others, choose to just see the positive aspects and ignore anything negative he did. I find it productive to know the real John Lennon and just not the choir boy image that most people relate to him. Try to see both sides Sherlock.

Hey, Ringo was a drunk and slapped Barbara around once too. You want to talk about that next?

Joost

• That Means a Lot

my belief is he is just trying to derail the image of john lennon the peace activist, which is what he was

Writing a few songs with the word "peace" in it and staying in bed for two weeks hardly makes you an activist.

7 of 13

• Getting Better

Writing a few songs with the word "peace" in it and staying in bed for two weeks hardly makes you an activist.
oh puhleeze mr Joost, not today.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

John Lennon - Give peace a chance (live)

"What a mess they made!"

Joost

• That Means a Lot

oh puhleeze mr Joost, not today.
 ;yes

What's your point? I admire John Lennon for being a musical innovator, a charismatic personality and one of the greatest songwriters that ever lived. But I can't take him seriously as a "peace activist". It's my impression that his "peace activism" was little more to him than a temporary hobby to pass the time and something that he could write songs about.

I was trying to make a serious point and I think I'm entitled to my own opinion. If you want to prove me wrong with good arguments, please be my guest. But don't be an ass, please.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

But, John Lennon did qualify as a political activist during the final ten years of his life as evidenced by his involvement with the James Hanratty affair, the Clydeside UCS workers protest, the Chicago Seven Trial, and the Bloody Sunday incident in Northern Ireland. 

While he lived in New York City, I remember him donating $1,000 to purchase bullet-proof vests for the New York City Police Department.

I'm not sure what happened with the sales of Give Peace A Chance in 1969.  The record reached #14 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on the British singles chart.  On November 3, 2009, Yoko announced that net proceeds from the sale of a commemorative 40th Anniversary digital iTunes single would go to the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund.  iTunes exclusively offered the single’s special anniversary edition for download purchase, with net proceeds benefiting the PBF through December 31st of that year.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

7 of 13

• Getting Better

What's your point? I admire John Lennon for being a musical innovator, a charismatic personality and one of the greatest songwriters that ever lived. But I can't take him seriously as a "peace activist". It's my impression that his "peace activism" was little more to him than a temporary hobby to pass the time and something that he could write songs about.

I was trying to make a serious point and I think I'm entitled to my own opinion. If you want to prove me wrong with good arguments, please be my guest. But don't be an ass, please.
now see here mr Joost, i tried to clean this up the first time. if you seriously understood what plain vanilla peace activism was about, i wouldn't have to qualify anything i said, whether or not you do consider it to be reasonable or unreasonable. so just ignore what i have to say, i just happen to believe this to be truth.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:34:43 AM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

Joost

• That Means a Lot

so just ignore what i have to say

Fine.

7 of 13

• Getting Better

yeah but it coming up with a melody thats the hard bit (especially one that people will remember and sing)  ???

now come on Todd, this is one of THE most positive songs ever written, of course its a dream but just imagine....no countries etc etc
you change the lyrics, you change the structure of the song, you change its meaning and you corrupt its value, and in this case the message of love and world peace and harmony. i have to agree with mr Joost, this is kind of stupid. not to mention shallow and insincere.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

nimrod

I actually think it was a staged publicity stunt......a way of getting his name known to people all over the world who previously had never heard of him

I guess it worked. He is now a lot more famous than he was before he did it.

My take on this is, if you respect an artists work, you dont fiddle with it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.67 seconds with 82 queries.