Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lennon's sister in ono blast  (Read 3994 times)

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")

Re: Lennon's sister in ono blast
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 07:25:42 AM »

Seems rather mild.  Yoko's 'art' is odd and possibly offensive, but frankly anytime I can see female genitalia on the front of a church it's a good day.  :D

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 04:28:25 PM »

What?
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 04:31:37 PM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1096182228,s=2 date=1096216105] What?[/quote]

What what?

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 05:58:22 PM »

Alot of parents have been complaining that they dont want their children seeing breasts on posters (posters around Liverpool) ... Liverpool Council etc have said they cant see it being offensive, and that its a symbol of peace and art.

My Personal feelings is that, if the whole world will deny Yoko's 'art' then there is always Liverpool that will embrace it with open arms.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 11:24:14 PM »

At least they're letting it be shown. That would never happen over here! It's become obvious that us American's are frightened of exposed breasts. We can't handle it! At least that's what we've been told we feel.  ::)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 11:46:53 PM »

imagine the consequences if we were exposed to a fleeting glimpse of nipple???  Our worl would implode ::)

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 12:11:09 AM »

Isn't that what happened at the Super Bowl? Now THAT'S why this country is in such a terrible state!! That damn nipple caused all our problems. Reverand Falwell was right!!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 04:57:48 PM »

Although America are clicking onto the Comic-Offensive approach..England has always had the edge in being brash and indecent.
 Yet its the Cliche stereotype of the English 'Good taste- 20's Butler' image which people think of :)

Earl-Grey Anyone?

Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Runforyourlife

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 06:38:34 PM »

Weird.

I like Yoko alright, but her art is obnoxious and annoying sometimes. Perhaps if I was a guy I'd feel differently about this exhibit...maybe not. And John's sister just getting her two cents in is great as well. I'm sure she would know how John felt about naked body parts being exposed to the world, what with his innocent lithographs and harmless "Two Virgins" album cover, or even the lovely, subdued Annie Leibovitz 1980 pic...nice, decent, clean-minded ol John. (By the way: I love the Annie Leibovitz picture, I just think its weird John's sister would act like her brother was some sort of a prude about naked people when he basically showed-it-all more than a few times...)

But anyway, nice dedication Yoko. Maybe John's mom would go for that kind of stuff. She was a little quirky herself.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 10:47:05 PM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1096182228,s=9 date=1096396714] Weird.

I like Yoko alright, but her art is obnoxious and annoying sometimes. Perhaps if I was a guy I'd feel differently about this exhibit...maybe not. And John's sister just getting her two cents in is great as well. I'm sure she would know how John felt about naked body parts being exposed to the world, what with his innocent lithographs and harmless "Two Virgins" album cover, or even the lovely, subdued Annie Leibovitz 1980 pic...nice, decent, clean-minded ol John. (By the way: I love the Annie Leibovitz picture, I just think its weird John's sister would act like her brother was some sort of a prude about naked people when he basically showed-it-all more than a few times...)

But anyway, nice dedication Yoko. Maybe John's mom would go for that kind of stuff. She was a little quirky herself.[/quote]

she was?  :o

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 11:03:32 PM »

Little children shouldn't be seeing that stuff. It's different if it was a regular art display, like in a Gallery, but this is public.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Runforyourlife

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 11:53:45 PM »

[quote by=Sie_Liebt_Dich link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1096182228,s=10 date=1096411625]

she was?

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 07:54:27 AM »

I haven't heard any stories on Johns mom been like yoko...or having her taste....

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 71 queries.