Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Recording Hey Jude  (Read 2387 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Recording Hey Jude
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:10:30 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAFXNKSwp7oo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAFXNKSwp7oo</a>

Geniuses at work. Wasn't part of this on Anthology?

Bobber

Re: Recording Hey Jude
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:29:56 AM »

Yes, I've seen this before. Especially George Harrison babbling to George Martin is hilarious. What the hell is he talking about? ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »

He was talking about the cultural exponents of Aeolian cadenzic cosmic stanza form.   ;)

I can stay till it's time to go

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:52:30 AM »

maybe it relates to the story i'd always heard about george wanting to play a guitar lick after every line paul sings in hey jude . . . and paul rejecting the idea
kinda fits with what george is saying and his tone of voice
oh well  :-\

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »

He was talking about the cultural exponents of Aeolian cadenzic cosmic stanza form.   ;)

George Martin acts as if he even understands what Harrison is saying.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »

we probably only get a small part of the conversation that the georges are having,they could have been talking for ages before that.by the way,i have seen this before but the quality of the film here is brilliant.well done jimmyfan!!!
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 10:07:22 AM »

Hadn't heard that story nyfan, sounds likely having listened to the conversation a few times.

I think poor Georgie was having 'issues' with Paul, even back then, that's my reading of it. George (H not M!) seems to be inferring that Hey Jude could be interpreted (musically) in several ways, and I agree  -  after all, it's a 'classic', and could indeed be interpreted in a jazz style, a classical style, etc (and history agrees with George, think of all the different cover versions of any classic Beatles song, they've been interpreted in so many ways, and they ususally stand up to the different treatments). Paul just had his idea of what is should sound like in his head, and it was different to George's, but you can see the layers of resentment must have been building for years. George H seems to want George M to agree with him, maybe it was good to have an ally.

I'm loving how seriously John is taking the session, by the way! There doesn't seem to be any druggie-ness going on, it's all very 'let's get the job done'. Thanks for posting the video, JimmyMcCullochFan.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 55 queries.