Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Most Beatle-esque songs by other artists  (Read 27825 times)

KelMar

Re: Most Beatle-esque songs by other artists
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 01:54:41 AM »

The Tee Set were a band from the Netherlands. Pretty popular over here. Ma Belle Amie was their biggest hit, along with She Likes Weeds. Singer Peter Tetteroo died in 2002.

I was going to google this band but you saved me the trouble.  :)

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 03:18:14 AM »

I always thought that song "Red Rubber Ball" by The Cyrkle sounded very Beatle-ish.

Red Rubber Ball - Cyrkle, The

I love that song but the group created by Brian, didn't work out for some reason. I learned about them a little from music class which by the way Mr.Wirth (music teacher) Loves the Beatles so when i'm going to 8th i get to take The Beatles Class :D sometimes in music we get to play Beatles Rock Band  ;D!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »

Naw, Kathy. We have just reached our limit on videos, whatever that is! It's showing up below as I'm writing the reply. I wish someone would explain this to me! I'm going to watch The Cyrkle from here then!

Thanks, Kelley! Ah, yes, I see that message turned up in a few other posts.

Beatlesrlove, your music classes sound very cool.  :)

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »

Naw, Kathy. We have just reached our limit on videos, whatever that is! It's showing up below as I'm writing the reply. I wish someone would explain this to me!

YouTube allows us to post a limited amount of video's from their site per page. So, as soon as we reach a new page within a thread, a new count starts.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

I think there are songs that sound like they are attempting to copy The Beatles or are Beatlesque. I have never heard a song that I thought, wow, that sounds like it could be The Beatles. In my opinion The Beatles have a sound that has never been successfully copied. Exactly where their "sound" came from I don't know. I think it was many factors. George Martin, Geoff Emerick (and the others... Normal Smith, etc.), the songwriting of Lennon/McCartney, Abbey Road Studios, the instruments that they used, and more. I think it was/is a complex formula that can not be imitated or repeated. I love the new (1995/6 Anthology) songs, but even they do not have The Beatles sound completely. There is a little something missing, and you have all four Beatles playing on them. Which tells me that it had to do with studio, producer, engineer as well.

Many factors. I know the title of this thread was which ones are close.

The Rutles did a good job, "Get Up and Go" sounds a lot like "Get Back" and The Knack's "My Sharona". In 1977 when "My Sharona" came out there was speculation that it was The Beatles. I don't think it sounds like The Beatles, but I will say it is "Beatlesque".
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

KelMar

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 01:28:27 AM »

YouTube allows us to post a limited amount of video's from their site per page. So, as soon as we reach a new page within a thread, a new count starts.

Okay...I get it now!

Beatlesrlove

• Getting Better
  • Beatlesrlove, Can you take so much Groovyness
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »

;D i'm kinda doing a monkees thing here
Some of them don't match up vary well but oh well
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Honey Pie
Honey Pie - The Beatles

and

The Monkee's
Daddy's song

Head- daddys song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blue Jay way
The Beatles-Blue Jay Way

ANd
Porpoise Song the monkees
The Monkees - Porpoise Song (Theme From HEAD)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I saw her standing there
The Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There 1964 (Live)

ANd
I'm A Believer by the Monkees
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday

The Beatles - "Yesterday" (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

And

Shades of Grey the monkees
The Monkees - Shades of Gray (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Penny lane
Beatles - Penny Lane (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
And

Pleasant Valley Sunday
The Monkees - "Pleasant Valley Sunday" - ORIGINAL VIDEO - HQ (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
(and if you notice they say in the start the local rock group is tryung hard to learn they're (the Beatles) song)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to say Randy Scouse git The Monkees - "Randy Scouse Git" - ORIGINAL VIDEO - '67 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
 has alot of things about the beatle in the song Micky Dolenz wrote this when they threw a party for they're success of their album. (sorry about the video doesn't match up with the sound only one i can find about the music vid.)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »

In the 80's, Queen did a song on their somewhat controvertial 'Hot Space' album that was dedicated to John Lennon.  It was supposed to be musically similar to something John would have done in his solo career, and they didn't do a bad job.  It's a great mix of Lennon styles merged with a little Queen influence, inevitably, but I think it's well done, and I like the song.  I think the lyrics are meant to be told from Lennon's point of view, possibly, although it does mention his name near the end.

Queen - Life Is Real (Song For Lennon) (Lyrics)

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 01:51:55 AM »

"Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel is very Beatle-esque. Many people even think that it's a Beatles song. There's even a reprise of "I Am The Walrus" in the song at 2:15! ("goo goo g'joob Mrs. Robinson") ;D

Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (The video's owner prevents external embedding)
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

KelMar

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 03:01:10 AM »

"Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel is very Beatle-esque. Many people even think that it's a Beatles song. There's even a reprise of "I Am The Walrus" in the song at 2:15! ("goo goo g'joob Mrs. Robinson") ;D

Good one!

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »

In the 80's, Queen did a song on their somewhat controvertial 'Hot Space' album that was dedicated to John Lennon.  It was supposed to be musically similar to something John would have done in his solo career, and they didn't do a bad job.  It's a great mix of Lennon styles merged with a little Queen influence, inevitably, but I think it's well done, and I like the song.  I think the lyrics are meant to be told from Lennon's point of view, possibly, although it does mention his name near the end.

Queen - Life Is Real (Song For Lennon) (Lyrics)

xxx

Wow, that is eeriely like a John type song from 'Imagine', with the echo. Have never heard that queen song and wouldn't have known it was them.

Re some of the earlier posts - the Monkee's 'Pleasant Valley Sunday' was actually a rip-off of 'Paperback Writer'.

I used to think ELO'S 'Livin' Thing' was a lot Beatle song when it came out!  And I also thought 'Ti Amo' by Umberto Tozzi was a lost John track!

A fave 'Beatley' type song from the 80's was 'Sowing the Seeds of Love' by Tears For Fears.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »

You know what.... when KE and I were newbies to Beatles-fandom and were just starting to collect Beatles songs, we, um, got some of the songs off the internet... and that place we'd get songs from had Mrs Robinson as a Beatles song! So we got it, and then after listening to it we'd wonder which Beatle is actually singing it, and why do they sound a bit American... then we looked it up. Oops! So yeah, it kinda had us fooled there! ;D
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

BlueJayWay

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »

The Who-The Kids are Alright(W/Lyrics)

The Who - The Kids Are Alright
I'VE GOT BLISTAHS ON MAH FINGAHS!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »

I love that song but the group created by Brian, didn't work out for some reason.

Interesting; I hadn't realized that. I didn't know John named them, either -- well, that's what it says on good old take-with-a-grain-of salt Wikipedia, anyway  ;) :

They were originally a "frat rock" band called The Rhondells but were later discovered and managed by Brian Epstein, who was better known as manager of The Beatles. Epstein's business partner was New York attorney Nathan Weiss, who heard the band in Atlantic City, New Jersey, on Labor Day in 1965. He became their manager and renamed them. John Lennon provided the unique spelling of their new name, which is a reference to the circular roundabout located in downtown Easton. They were produced by John Simon.

In the summer of 1966, they opened on fourteen dates for the Beatles during their U.S. tour. On August 28, they headed the opening acts performing prior to The Beatles at Dodger Stadium. . . . They were also on the bill for the final Beatles concert at Candlestick Park on August 29, 1966.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:44:48 PM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

I wanted to say Sowing The Seeds of Love by Tears For Fears, but Stevie beat me to it.

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »

In December 1969 we all thought it was The Beatles singing...

Badfinger - Come And Get It
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »

Dr. John - Right Place, Wrong Time

Cover Of The Rolling Stone-Dr.Hook

7 of 13, I am curious as to how Right Place, Wrong Time and On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone sound Beatle-esque to you.
I can stay till it's time to go

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »

I am not sure what song to suggest, but a lot of people thought the Bee Gees (Beatle Group) were The Beatles when they first came out.

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

nimrod

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:23 PM »

Structurally I think this couldve been on MMT

America - Only in Your Heart

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.521 seconds with 93 queries.