Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2009:  The year of amazing Beatle products.  (Read 922 times)

Revolver42

• Getting Better
2009:  The year of amazing Beatle products.
« on: June 03, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »

This year, many things are coming out for the Beatles.  To me, first and foremost, the remasters.  You can buy them individually or as box sets (mono and strereo).  I have not seen a price for thew box sets, but I expect it to be very expensive-  of course I will shell out the dough.

Next is Rockband.  I don't have a video game system, but after seeing the trailer, I would love to have this.  Of course if I was to do this I would "do it right" by getting the bundle and John and George's guitar.  Therefore to buy an xbox 360, the bundle and the extra guitars, it would cost me $500- $600 I suppose.  Probably not gonna happen since I will be spending bundles on the remasters.

Next is the Trivial Pursuit game.  This is a dream for me.  My fave game and band combined into one.  I will definately get this.

Finally, are the Beatles' Revolver puzzle and the Beatle-related best of George cd that comes out in a couple of weeks.  As I don't have many of George's cds, I plan on getting the disc.  Also, Revolver is my fave album, but the puzzle may have to wait awhile.

So, with all of this stuff coming out, what do you plan on purchasing?  What are you most excited for?  Do you think all of these products will bring new interest to the band (especially to younger people) or do you think this will be over-saturation?  Will anyone be able to afford all of this?
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

adaml223

• One And One Is Two
Re: 2009:  The year of amazing Beatle products.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »

I am most excited about the remasters. I plan on getting both mono and stereo box sets. I see Rock Band as a future purchase but am definitely looking forward to playing it. Some friends of mine will probably opt for that instead of the box sets.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »

I know I am getting the remastered albums for sure.  Whether I'll get them slowly as individual CD's or all at once as a box set remains to be seen.

I'd like to get Rock Band but it's probably going to be too expensive for me.  If I could get it, I'd spring for Paul's Hofner bass too. ;)

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of the Brit remasters? They have already been released in America-- why is there a need to buy the Sep re-issues?

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:58:39 PM »

Quote from: 2121
Why is everyone making such a big deal out of the Brit remasters? They have already been released in America-- why is there a need to buy the Sep re-issues?

You're probably mixing things up here. I guess you're looking at the Capitol Boxes. Discussed in here: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1196722496/
These recording are not remastered.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 45 queries.