What About LOVE?

Started by Bobber, Nov 01, 2006, 03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raxo

Quote from: 284it's only words.......he doesn't believe it.........don't pay any attention to me..i am a petty man with petty griefs....who has nothing to offer here....

C'mon, man  :-/ ... you know I like you (Needed I to say it a-gain?) and that I only like to play with words ... nothing about you in that reply ... and I already told you that you was right, get it?  :) ...

... but I do believe I'm not important enough to pay at-tention to my words or to what I say about The Guys ... even if I call them so ... and I don't want to spend any time splaining my wordplays ... sometimes there are different languages on them and lots of  (contra-dicta(s)tories) meanings ... but there are there just to make some people smile (guests, y'know) from diferent parts of the globe.

P.S. I declare this bridge open!  ;D

pc31

sounds burdonesque to me and i don't mean eric...i understand what was being said tho..i am only half dense...i can see you take the limelights more serious than eye dew.....it's just me muck muck attitude i guess...no 'arms tended towards ewe...dig???say how is you seester man?i hope the whole famn damliy is fantastico'...feliz navida admiral raxo

GreenApple

All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

Would have been interesting if Across The Universe were on LOVE. A fifth version.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Joost

Love is an absolute masterpiece and might be the most enjoyable Beatles album ever released. Very impressive piece of work by Martin jr. & sr.

Wordno

I think so too. Its so great. I very much enjoyed listening to the album. What they did to the songs makes it so cool. Two thumbs up in my book!

mr kite

LOVE is an absolutly brilliant masterpiece of an album
I cant stop playing it, its genius  ;D
Wallflower Has Blossomed

Indica

Listened to its entirety last night - and wow, I was really blown away.
The build up at the start of Get Back really works, and the more subtle tweaks are fantastic. I always loved that version of Strawberry Fields - the harmonies are breathtaking - so dream like.

Next pay packet - and it's getting bought! :)

- George Martin and his son were briefly talking on Jools Holland's show last night about Love, and the Beatles in general. They showed a segment of the Lady Madonna/Bulldog video clip. I think it may be repeated sometime tonight (BBC 2?) although not sure.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Joost

At one point (at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever) you're hearing elements of three different songs at the same time and it sounds just like it was intended that way! Incredible.

raxo

Quote from: 56At one point (at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever) you're hearing elements of three different songs at the same time and it sounds just like it was intended that way! Incredible.

Yep, I like that part of the track (I'd already said it  8)) ... Octopus's Garden (begining and break) and While My Guitar Gently Weeps (the whole song is a Dlightfull experience  ;)) are the other highlights, in my opinion ...

...  :B oops, I almost forget to mention Within You Without You - Tomorrow Never Knows (first minute) and Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite - I Want You (She's So Heavy) - Helter Skelter (good, the last part of it)

GreenApple

Within You/Without You is a great achievement. It's great to hear it because John and George were on the same spiritual vibe at some points. It's nice because it seems as though it were somehow a Lennon/Harrison composition listening to it. And the hypnotic drum track seems like it could have been written for WYWY. Works perfectly. One of the treasures on the album.  :)
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

You have said it all: "works perfectly"

Lennon and George were very close by 1966 and 1967 ...

Taxman and some of John's Revolver songs sound to me as if they were composed together (tho they weren't) ...

... and Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite and Within You Without You have always sounded in my mind as a weird two-sided single ... they are far away from the others of Sgt. Pepper's ... tho Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds sounds to me as if it was a collaboration too ...

... talking about the dark side of both members: I Am The Walrus and Blue Jay Way are parallels to me (but at different levels) ...

GreenApple

I wouldn't use the word dark to describe anything George did (and consider: Beware Of Darkness), though it's certainly there in some of John's stuff - '...just had to laugh...' Tomorrow Never Knows I think was intended to be genuinely spiritual, but the music seems kind of dark. Some of the music in George's songs might seem dark, but I think George never intended it to sound that way. Except that the darkness of the music in Blue Jay Way might have been intended to act as a warning - 'Please don't be long.' I know it was based on friends who couldn't find their way to his home, but, I wonder if it's a hidden spiritual reference. Like I suggested with Savoy Truffle.
All You Need Is LOVE!

raxo

I su-pose you're right ... my comment was made with George's fear of the LA fog in mind (he sounds frightned in the song too) and only talking about the sound ... and its sound isn't exactly bright, if you ask me  :) ...

... well, the thing is that if you try to mash up both I'm sure that it'll work perfectly too ... the arrangements are in the same wave, if you know what I mean  ;D