Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Live Singers (?) - comp/eq/verb?  (Read 1519 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Live Singers (?) - comp/eq/verb?
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:40:34 PM »

Hi All -

I'm thinking of buying something that might do a little work on the vocals before it goes to to main mixing board. Nothing fancy like harmony generators or anything, just some basic eq,compression, +/- reverb. I actually probably won't use the reverb because the mixing board has a global reverb and I don't want them to compete.

Anybody out there use something like this, or know a singer that does? I'm looking to keep it pretty cheap too, Behringer quality is absolutely OK!

Thanks in advance   :)
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Bobber

Re: Live Singers (?) - comp/eq/verb?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

Not using it myself. Behringer is good value for money, no doubt about that, but man even I can hear the difference between a Behringer and a more expensive microphone like Sennheiser or Shure.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »

I got a behringer tube composer but have only just started to use it live. It's good and the write-ups in studio-spares catalogue site it as the touring industry standard tube compressor.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »

Quote from: 15
I got a behringer tube composer but have only just started to use it live. It's good and the write-ups in studio-spares catalogue site it as the touring industry standard tube compressor.

'ey Ap, thanks for the reply. I did some reading on that. Looks pretty good. Apparently need to take the original tubes out and replace them, as the original were cr*p, according to most reviewers. And take out the light bulbs behind the tubes to help prevent overheating. If you got it used, that's probably all been done, I would imagine.

But, the main thing ... how do you like it's effect on your voice so far? Which features are you using (comp/gate/limiter, etc.)?

Thanks - look forward to your review!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »

Bumping this up for any other DM Beatle's live music performers "reviews".

Thanks!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »

Hey Alexis. I just been using it again as it goes so more to report. I did not know about the overheating and original valves trick. It does seem to add a nice overall tidiness to the vocals but came with a hiss and the vocals seemed more gainy without the insert in. I got more research and work to do with this. I also have a drawmer and an alesis which I have been using on the kick drum. Both the latter have had fuse issues at recent gigs so have stuck with the behringer for now.

Been using some different reverbs aswell..namely some Zoom & peavey units but the Lexicon certainly is the most professional sounding.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 47 queries.