Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What does While My guitar Gently Weeps mean?!?!  (Read 30714 times)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
Re: What does While My guitar Gently Weeps mean?!?!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 01:05:29 PM »

Hello:  I can't find that version by the Fool(s?) on the Hill.  I'd like to hear it.  If I google them, all I get is the song but not them.

I suppose Hello Goodbye was talking about this Fool on the Hill and this interpretation:

First of all i want to say that this song is soooooooo great!
Here's my opinion on it! I will try to give my comments in the order of the actual lyrics

- I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
[looking at the world, George notices how love, the most important thing in people's life, has been forgoten. I think that he is refering to the begining of the decadence of the world. The forgoten love, which is now sleeping and laying deep within could also refer to the situation of the beatles themselves]

-while my guitar gently weeps
[the instrument with which he brings love and joy to the world is weeping because of what i've said. This suggests a very desperate situation! with each new time they are said, the situation gets even more desperate! ]

-I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
[the floor is the symbol for the world. It needs sweeping, meaning it is dirty and it has to be cleaned... love must return!]

-I don't know why nobody told you how to unfold your love
I don't know how someone controlled you
They bought and sold you.
[George is talking about us, about me, about you, about everybody. Since love has been forsaken, we the children, the young people, we don''t know what love is because nobody told us about it. And he is amazed how come this is possible. Also he's telling us that we are being controlled, bought and sold like merchendise. Money have taken over our lives and people are doing anything for money] 

-I look at the world and I notice it's turning
[while he is weeping because of these things and because he is the only one that sees them. The world is turning signifies that the world keeps on living a normal life without caring about these matters. Nobody is stopping from his way to try to change these problems. Also this verse is suggesting that George too is a Fool on a Hill... i need to explain this in another thread about this song]

-With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps
[He is hoping that we can learn... that we can change, but his guitar is still weeping. Maybe after all we can't learn... he is just expressing a hope!]

-I don't know how you were diverted
You were perverted too
I don't know how you were inverted
No one alerted you.
[The same thing as before. George is talking about us! More and more of us are getting sucked into the abyss of hatred and superficiality and materialism and all he can do is weep...]

-I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
Look at you all...
Still my guitar gently weeps.
[... and while he is weeping, he sees that the love is still there sleeping within us, forgoten and forsaken, maybe never to be awakened... so he just looks at us and his guitar is weeping]

That's about it. I hope it makes some sense for you guys...

:)
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 01:16:18 PM »

It should be remembered that the lyrics of this song are linked to randomness, as George explained:

"I had a copy of the I Ching-- the Book of Changes, which seemed to me to be based on the Eastern concept that everything is relative to everything else, as opposed to the Western view that things are merely coincidental. The idea was in my head when I visited my parents' home in the North of England. I decided to write a song based on the first thing I saw upon opening any book-- as it would be relative to that moment, at that time. I picked up a book at random, opened it-- saw 'gently weeps' --than laid the book down again and started the song. Some of the words to the song were changed before I finally recorded it."

Nevertheless, I think there's an indirect message that can be clearly interpreted, as Fool on the Hill has done in this thread.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:21:40 PM by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar »

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »

Hombre:  thank you so much!!  I feel so stupid.  I also read that before I posted my comment.  I guess I just didn't connect the two.  I thought there was an actual band called "Fool on the Hill" who did a version of it.

I need to take a reading comprehension refresher course!  I'm going to re-read Fool's analysis now.  Thanks again for clarifying this to me.

Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »

Hombre:  thank you so much!!  I feel so stupid.  I also read that before I posted my comment.  I guess I just didn't connect the two.  I thought there was an actual band called "Fool on the Hill" who did a version of it.

I need to take a reading comprehension refresher course!  I'm going to re-read Fool's analysis now.  Thanks again for clarifying this to me.

That happens to everyone I guess! Sometimes I read too fast and miss the point at the moment, and then I realize the true meaning later.

KelMar

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »

Hello:  I can't find that version by the Fool(s?) on the Hill.  I'd like to hear it.  If I google them, all I get is the song but not them.

I think this is what he means, Loco: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=100.msg1585#msg1585

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 02:03:32 AM »

Thanks, In my life.  Hombre pointed this out to me as well.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

KelMar

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 02:23:54 AM »

Thanks, In my life.  Hombre pointed this out to me as well.

Oh my gosh! I need to slow down and pay attention. Sorry about that Loco! 
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 50 queries.