Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lost Paul McCartney track unearthed + 1  (Read 562 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Lost Paul McCartney track unearthed + 1
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:55:09 PM »

Lost Paul McCartney track unearthed
February 17, 2012
Full-length collaboration with Art of Noise to be released for the first time

"McCartney called in the Art of Noise to remix the track in the summer of 1985," explains project curator (and author of the 2001 biography 'The Unknown Paul McCartney'), Ian Peel.  "It was a mad, cut-and-paste retake that turned the song – McCartney's last US top ten hit – into a left-field electronic collage.  Members of the band have since recalled how both Paul and Linda McCartney joined them – Anne Dudle, JJ Jeczalik and Gary Langan – in the studio for what sounds like a very experimental session.  The finished remix was released on 12" vinyl in November 1985 and has never appeared on CD.  Art of Noise are the linchpin to ZTT's Art of the 12" series, so their remix of Spies Like was top of my list of inclusions for this new Volume II."

"Paul McCartney and his team kindly granted permission for the track to be included but, when the master tapes arrived from their studio, we got a little surprise.  The version they sent was timed at 5:26,but the original vinyl release was 3:58.  Where had this extra minute and a half come from?  I cross referenced the 'new' version with a copy Anne Dudley had saved on cassette from the original sessions and that also turned out to be the full length, 5:26 version."

" it seems that when the original 12" was pressed, the manufacturers inadvertently cut the track short, shaving off a wonderful minute and a half's-worth of intro and build up.ZTT/Trevor Horn's in-house archivist, Ian Peel is credited with devising and compiling both volumes of The Art of the 12" series, as well as 2011's acclaimed CD/DVD compendium, Who's Afraid of the Art of Noise? He is also author of the 2001 biography 'The Unknown Paul McCartney' which traced, for the first time, the former Beatles' many adventures off the beaten track of pop and into experimental music either anonymously or under pseudonyms including The Fireman and Percy Thrillington.

For more info, check out ZTT Records at
www.facebook.com/zttrecords

Contact Music
February 16, 2012
Sir Paul McCartney - McCartney: 'Don't Believe Everything About The Beatles'

Paul Mccartney has urged Beatles fans old and new not to believe everything they read or watch about the Fab Four - because books and TV documentaries about the band are often full of errors.The Love Me Do singer admits he can't believe how often so-called students of the Beatles and historians get their facts wrong.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/mccartney-dont-believe-everything-about-the-beatles_1295485
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:02:14 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

nimrod

Re: Lost Paul McCartney track unearthed + 1
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »

Paul Mccartney has urged Beatles fans old and new not to believe everything they read or watch about the Fab Four - because books and TV documentaries about the band are often full of errors.The Love Me Do singer admits he can't believe how often so-called students of the Beatles and historians get their facts wrong.

Well said Paul, theyre out to sell books - go figure.

I get tired of fans quoting books as if theyre absolutely the truth.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Lost Paul McCartney track unearthed + 1
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:57:23 AM »

I get tired of fans quoting books as if theyre absolutely the truth.

Yeah.....bloomin' books!
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 44 queries.