Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hey Jude - lyrics (re)arrangement  (Read 9794 times)

real01

• Getting Better
Re: Hey Jude - lyrics (re)arrangement
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »

I agree that this line is one of the best in the song with the idea that being "cool" makes you "colder" and more likely to be physically ill by not expressing your emotions.
Agreed.
I just love how the words 'cool' and 'colder' are used - making those verses magical. glassesslip

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »

Agreed.
I just love how the words 'cool' and 'colder' are used - making those verses magical. glassesslip

I'm pleased you agree.

In fact I like the way most of the song holds together by the idea of healing someone. "I'll make it better' is what you say to a child who needs comforting maybe because he has just hurt himself. But the song goes beyond physical pain.It's both mental and physical.And for once I think maybe Lennon was right when he said it was partly aimed at him and his relationship with Yoko.

It's almost as if falling in love is a kind of illness which can only be cured by giving in to it. The girl in question is an antidote to the pain. Everything will be OK if you let the antidote under your skin and into your heart, but to do so you have to acknowledge you're human and can't always be responsible for everything and everyone out there in the world.

The song of course came out in 1968 when revolution was in the air. On the B side of the single Lennon sings 'We all want to change the world' but on the A side McCartney sings 'The movement you need is on your shoulder'. That's to say, it's not a political movement that will heal you but a physical, loving relationship.

Incidentally I've just noticed in the middle of Paul's song is something that obviously inspired John : Hey Jude don't let me down!

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »

Incidentally I've just noticed in the middle of Paul's song is something that obviously inspired John : Hey Jude don't let me down!
Interesting and  sharp-eyed remark! icon_good

real01

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 10:18:53 AM »

I've found this nice - how should I call it - artwork... print...?

BeatleFan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 04:36:23 AM »

Ha, love it. I may even print that off. Hey Jude is far and away my favourite Paul song. It represents his personality and melodic talent really well. Just pure joy and escapism, especially with the extended outro. I also think I Want You (She's So Heavy) is its antithesis. One is upbeat and joyous, the other is dark and obsessive. One gets quieter, the other gets louder and stops abruptly. A very good contrast between Paul and John's personalities, I feel.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:38:22 AM by BeatleFan »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 43 queries.