Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 337672 times)

Moogmodule and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #3200 on: July 24, 2017, 12:04:40 AM »

Wednesday's forecast.

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

« Reply #3201 on: July 24, 2017, 12:35:29 AM »

The hottest temperature I've ever experienced was 102, when my brother lived in Charlottesville, Virginia. Oddly enough I was playing baseball in that weather. I don't know how why; I've never liked heat and I wasn't much into playing sports. LOL

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3202 on: July 24, 2017, 04:38:06 AM »

Wednesday's forecast.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QKAjAkh4w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2QKAjAkh4w</a>

icon_good
I can stay till it's time to go

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #3203 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:37 PM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3204 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:08 PM »

^^^^

Ugh; that makes NoDak (mid-90s all week) look cool!

The hottest temperature I've ever experienced was 102, when my brother lived in Charlottesville, Virginia.

I think the hottest temperature I've ever experienced was 114, in Las Vegas, but the worst heat index I've ever experienced was 117, in Fredericksburg, VA, 9 days after my first daughter was due and the day before they finally induced labor. The outdoors was so humid it seemed hard to breathe.

I tell her that story every year, how hot and enormous and so, so cranky and irritable I was. Of course, I forgot all that when they put her in my arms.  :)

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #3205 on: July 27, 2017, 09:01:58 PM »

The humidity is decent today, 33%

KelMar

« Reply #3206 on: July 28, 2017, 03:58:07 AM »

I think the hottest temperature I've ever experienced was 114, in Las Vegas, but the worst heat index I've ever experienced was 117, in Fredericksburg, VA, 9 days after my first daughter was due and the day before they finally induced labor. The outdoors was so humid it seemed hard to breathe.

I tell her that story every year, how hot and enormous and so, so cranky and irritable I was. Of course, I forgot all that when they put her in my arms.  :)

Oh, yes, Kathy, I understand! Kelsie was born at the end of August and while it was nowhere near that hot I managed to be miserable. Nine days overdue qualifies you for sainthood though. Both mine were early and both were very short labors. I only tell that to good friends who I feel won't hate me.  ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3207 on: July 29, 2017, 01:08:27 AM »

Oh, yes, Kathy, I understand! Kelsie was born at the end of August and while it was nowhere near that hot I managed to be miserable. Nine days overdue qualifies you for sainthood though. Both mine were early and both were very short labors. I only tell that to good friends who I feel won't hate me.  ;D

I don't think August anywhere is fun; in the US, at least!

Hmm...I am quite envious of your babies being early and you having short labors, but I could never hate you, Kelley.   :)  Even after my elder daughter was 9 days late, she still wasn't born until 14 (!) hours after they started the Pitocin.

Tomorrow we leave for Myrtle Beach!  icon_cool

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3208 on: August 01, 2017, 01:08:21 AM »

I hope y'all are having a good time there, Kathleen.

KelMar

« Reply #3209 on: August 02, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »

I hope y'all are having a good time there, Kathleen.

Yes, I do too. I was worried when I heard about the problems they are having in the Outer Banks, then I remembered that you were at Myrtle Beach. I always think of my grandma when someone mentions going there. Her name was Myrtle. Myrtle Edith, not Myrtle Beach.  ;D

KelMar

« Reply #3210 on: August 04, 2017, 03:12:12 AM »

Oh geez. There's a chance of tornadoes tomorrow. I usually don't worry that much when I hear that because it rarely happens here. But that was before this happened not too far from here:

That was one of three that hit two weeks ago. The worst one was near Buffalo.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3211 on: August 15, 2017, 06:21:07 PM »

Yes, I do too. I was worried when I heard about the problems they are having in the Outer Banks, then I remembered that you were at Myrtle Beach. I always think of my grandma when someone mentions going there. Her name was Myrtle. Myrtle Edith, not Myrtle Beach.  ;D

We had a great time; thanks, Barry and Kelly! Now I am back in dreary, drizzly NoDak and not happy about it. I want to be floating in the waves and sun again!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3212 on: August 15, 2017, 06:24:17 PM »

Oh geez. There's a chance of tornadoes tomorrow. I usually don't worry that much when I hear that because it rarely happens here. But that was before this happened not too far from here:

I have to say, I think, second to terror and nuclear attacks, tornadoes are one of my biggest fears. They're just so darn unpredictable. Our sirens went off a few days before we left, but the skies were clear. I was freaking out, but the kids were totally calm (they'd texted their dad, NWS head). Turns out there was a tornado in our county, just fortunately not near our immediate area.

Like your area, Kelley, tornadoes rarely happened where I lived in NYS. When I moved to Missouri that changed, fast.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3213 on: August 16, 2017, 03:36:20 AM »

We had a great time; thanks, Barry and Kelly! Now I am back in dreary, drizzly NoDak and not happy about it. I want to be floating in the waves and sun again!

Welcome back, Kathleen.  Now go back to South Carolina to see a total solar eclipse next Monday!   ;)

KelMar

« Reply #3214 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:51 PM »

I'm glad you had a good time, Kathy, even though NoDak hasn't exactly given you a nice welcome home!

I have to say, I think, second to terror and nuclear attacks, tornadoes are one of my biggest fears. They're just so darn unpredictable

Really! Unless I misunderstood what they said on the news, there was no warning for those tornados last month. I think I've already related the story about the one that hit in the area in 1985, when I worked at Friendly's. There were warnings then and I just wanted to be home, not slinging sundaes in a very window-y restaurant!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3215 on: August 17, 2017, 12:44:20 AM »

Really! Unless I misunderstood what they said on the news, there was no warning for those tornados last month. I think I've already related the story about the one that hit in the area in 1985, when I worked at Friendly's. There were warnings then and I just wanted to be home, not slinging sundaes in a very window-y restaurant!

I worked at Friendly's in 1985, too! And at the fountain, no less (i.e., making sundaes).   ;D

That is scary that there was no warning for the tornadoes. That's one thing about them that frightens me. A hurricane and a blizzard can be tracked days ahead of time, but not tornadoes.

One thing to look for if you have a radar channel on your TV is to look for what's called a bow echo: a curved line of a weather pattern that usually indicates a possible tornado.

KelMar

« Reply #3216 on: August 17, 2017, 02:22:29 AM »

I worked at Friendly's in 1985, too! And at the fountain, no less (i.e., making sundaes).   ;D

OMGosh, Kathy! Did you have to wear this hideous thing?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3217 on: August 17, 2017, 02:50:34 AM »

^

That's not so bad.  Girls looked cute in those.  But back in the early 70s, I liked going to Roy Rogers.  Nicole looked especially cute in her uniform...

Happy Trails!    :)

KelMar

« Reply #3218 on: August 17, 2017, 03:03:21 AM »

If you say so, Barry. I was glad to get my first teaching job so I could wear real clothes. I remember the story of Nicole.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3219 on: August 17, 2017, 03:14:12 AM »

She looked even better in her winter uniform.  She wore a fringed vest and a matching fringed skirt.

Anyway, I still think the Friendly's uniform was nice.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 204

Page created in 0.976 seconds with 76 queries.