Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: "Let It Be" WHEN?  (Read 26055 times)

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
Re: "Let It Be" WHEN?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2007, 05:25:51 PM »

But the film
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »

I can't see how either Paul or Yoko (who now effectively are The Beatles) will ever agree to its release. Neither come out looking good and it'll raise a lot of old arguements I'm sure they want to forget. Plus the band sound sh*t. If a revcsed "positive" version was released Paul would face all sorts of accusations of trying to rewrite history (and after Naked and the songwriting credit fiasco I'm sure he could do without that.)
I don't think we'll be seeing it anytime soon.
don't follow leaders

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2007, 05:49:57 PM »

Well if they want to look good about it, release everything the fans are looking for, dress it up, make it a major project and have the fans swooning... the media will follow. I'm not asking for a revised version, I'd love to see an extended cut of the film. All Paul has to do is turn Let it Be into a mammoth project haha
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

djinn

• A Beginning
  • Always looking for DVD trades!!!
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »

Hey--
I have a realy nice print of Let it be--Naked & Get back!

My let it be does have full cover  ---3 versions
1-from orig VHT
2-white cover
3-Black cover like the lp

Full menu access with any song & or section of the film!
I'm just sitting here --watching the wheels go round!
I really love to watch them roll!

Bobber

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »

I bet this is old news for djinn, but journalist Richie Unterberger did a decent research to the tapes of Let It Be that are still hidden in lockers somewhere. It is said that they contain hours of unseen live footage. The content of these archives is described in his book called 'The Unreleased Beatles', published by Backbeat.
This is Richie in an interview of 21 minutes:
http://eddriscoll.com/podcasts/unreleased_beatles_3-07.mp3

or via iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=147778778&s=143441

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »

Being a first generation Beatlemaniac, none of you guys can be as SICK OF WAITING for Sir Paul to get over his petty "reservations" about allowing Apple/UA to release LET IT BE on DVD. There's been rumours off and on over the years (the last "big" one being in late '05) about the disc's "imminent" debut ...but it turned out to be just that...rumour. I was lucky enough to be a kid in the 60's and followed The Fab through every phase--as all die hards would. During the ill-fated sessions for the penultimate album LET IT BE, the boys couldnt wait to get away from each other. The "Get Back" sessions (later to be called Let It Be)were of course filmed and as it turned out, Paul always felt the final cut --slated to be released as a feature-length documentary--made him look like a tyrant of sorts. In some ways he was right, but that's no reason to keep this important work out of fans hands, is it ?? If anything, it's a priceless record of the contentious atmosphere and the uneffected creativity of the world's greatest band in their waning days. Paul SHOULD know that 99% of all fans of The Fab KNOW ALL TOO WELL what happened at those sessions--so WHY should he worry NOW about fan "reaction" 38 years on??  It's a pure ego thing now, I think. Lest we forget that "Abbey Road" was their TRUE swan song to the world, the very last album they recorded together even though it was released BEFORE Let It Be.  From all accounts the making of A. R. was a far more congenial affair just a few months later (spring to summer 1969)when thankfully all anomosity had vanished...a wonderful way to end things, as Sir George Martin agreed....which BEGS THE QUESTION ONCE AGAIN..why on earth should Paul STILL continue to hold up the long-awaited official DVD release of Let It Be when it's now a vital piece of Beatle historical chronology?? If anything, the ongoing intentional delay is only making Macca look silly to his legions of devoted "Apple Scruffs", myself included.  BRING OUT LET IT BE ON DVD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

BlueMeanie

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »

Hi Mr. Mustard, I'm also a first gen Beatles fan (there are a few of us around here). I'm not really clear on what is holding up the re-issue of Let It Be. The sheer amount of material that was recovered a couple of years ago could have something to do with it. The original master of the film is apparently in poor condidtion, so that the film would have to be put together again from all the reels that they have, plus those that were recovered. Remastering film is an awful lot more time consuming than remastering audio. To that end, if they are seriously considering going through 500+ hours of footage, it's going to take quite a time. Alternatively as you said, they might just not want to drag it all up again. I can't see the problem myself, as it was so long ago. In many ways if lennon was still alive I could see it being easier to deal with. If it's being blocked by anyone, I suspect it's Georges side of the Estate.

Or maybe the new man at Apple is going to give it to us for Christmas!

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2007, 11:22:49 PM »

I hear ya, B. M.
"
"Or maybe the new man at Apple is going to give it to us for Christmas!"

If John were still w/ us, he probably would say "do it right, man ..but don't drag it out forever--the fans have waited long enough.." Granted, that much newly discovered footage might've made the protracted delay well worth it in "the end" (no pun intended) but something tells me it's more Paul & Yoko holding it up  (the latter more than the former) I read McCartney's book a few years ago (Many years From Now) and even he admits to looking exceedingly "bossy" during the Twickingham sessions--I think he still has "reservations" about being seen as "musical martinet" during that notorious not-so-halcyon period. Don't get me wrong, I dearly love EVERY ONE of the Beatles (or I wouldnt be here w/such passion) but I HOPE they put all these trivial personal considerations away and JUST LET THE FILM RESTORERS DO THEIR THING so MAYBE (like u said the "new man" at Apple can cut through all the bull and have it out by x-mas or early Spring '08 (*fingers crossed*) I mean, after all....ANTHOLOGY had MUCH more audio and vid material to plow through and somehow they seemed to have far fewer obstacles in their way with that lofty project back in '95........LET IT BE is WAY overdue...in fact, WE ALL DESERVE A DOUBLE-DISC w/ a PLETHORA of EXTRAS when we finally DO get it in our grubby little beatlemaniac hands...

(ps: I just take issue w/ u on one thing...........do you really think George's estate would hold it up? that never occurred to me, but WE CAN ONLY BE GRATEFUL ALLEN KLEIN ISNT PART OF THIS...........!!! OMG !!!! lol) Those are Paul's two MOST hated words : Allen Klein.

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »

If Paul and the rest thought the film was negative and such, why'd they release it in the first bloody place?  If they'd never have released it, we'd have never known about it, therefore we wouldn't be lusting after it.

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »

Quote from: 597

That's a real shame, they could have really released something special.. if they shown a few of the classic solo tracks in development (ATMP, Child of Nature etc..) it would be very interesting to see. they could have shown a few more positive moments (there had to be a few more than are shown in the 90 minute film)  and maybe show us some stuff that means more due to the passage of time.. sure there were a lot of negative things surrounding the film but if it was done right it could have really shown a more complete picture of the band

I agree w/ this sentiment about L.I.B film. I also think that it will end up being more of a detriment to the overall legacy of The Beatles the longer they hold up official release. In the mean time, they're merely throwing us a bone by giving us the "Help!" dvd now (which seems also LONG overdue), as a means of pacifying us while the on-going needless Let It Be delay continues.
Pacification wont work.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2007, 11:37:31 PM »

It's release is inevitable. It's not just 'going away'. Never will. So why the wait?

:-/
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2007, 11:43:29 PM »

Quote from: 843
It's not just 'going away'. Never will. So why the wait?

EXACTAMUNDO !!!!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2007, 08:07:28 AM »

It's release is inevitable. It's not just 'going away'. Never will. So why the wait?

It's not inevitable, is it? If the estate doesn't want it released then it won't be. Even after Paul, and Ringo's death. I expect it's locked away in a vault somewhere. I think we would have seen it by now if it was coming out. And if it was being worked on we would have seen bootleg material leaking out.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »

Mmm...actually, it's not locked away. I've got a 'avi' version sitting in my comp right now. But I suppose your point is that the estate can do whatever it pleases regarding the matter. This is indisputably true, but how foolish would it look if they did hold it back? My two-cents.

;)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

BlueMeanie

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »

Mmm...actually, it's not locked away. I've got a 'avi' version sitting in my comp right now. But I suppose your point is that the estate can do whatever it pleases regarding the matter. This is indisputably true, but how foolish would it look if they did hold it back? My two-cents.

;)

Foolish in respect to the fact that it would make them a lot of money, certainly. But let's remember that McCartney got a lot of flack from all quarters when The Beatles split, are we sure that this film is going to show him in the best light? Especially as he's always been quite concerned about his image.

I've never seen it, and I'd love too, but I'm not holding out any hope.

Btw, I meant that all the stuff they found in The Netherlands a few years ago is probably very safely under lock and key.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2007, 12:56:54 PM »

It's been some time since I've viewed it all the way through, but my recollection is that none of the boys (save Ringo, perhaps) are fully shown in their best form at times. John & Yoko's isolationism, George's b****y moments, etc. I think that Paul may have less to worry about here legacy-wise than the others, but I don't really know now. My main thought is that it's a firmly established piece of Beatles history, an 'official' document of a certain time. Warts and all, it would seem terribly disingenuous to me if it was held back. It belongs to us all, really, imo.

:)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »

It's been some time since I've viewed it all the way through, but my recollection is that none of the boys (save Ringo, perhaps) are fully shown in their best form at times. John & Yoko's isolationism, George's b****y moments, etc. I think that Paul may have less to worry about here legacy-wise than the others, but I don't really know now. My main thought is that it's a firmly established piece of Beatles history, an 'official' document of a certain time. Warts and all, it would seem terribly disingenuous to me if it was held back. It belongs to us all, really, imo.

I'm inclined to agree. I'd love it, though it may make me squirm a bit! Who knows, they might surprise us.

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »

Yes, Klang I wholeheartedly agree..it DOES belong to us all now. It should be in the public domain after lo these many years. Even though Paul came off a bit "bossy" it shouldn't be anything that would tarnish his golden reputation. I think it's kind of an insult to the fans who've stayed so loyal all this time to make them wait for this final cinematic nugget. I've always felt the Beatles and fans had a reciprocal relationship. It's time for Apple to once again honor this long-standing tacit agreement by speeding up the release date. The true fans deserve this respect.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »

Quote from: 829
Yes, Klang I wholeheartedly agree..it DOES belong to us all now. It should be in the public domain after lo these many years. Even though Paul came off a bit "bossy" it shouldn't be anything that would tarnish his golden reputation. I think it's kind of an insult to the fans who've stayed so loyal all this time to make them wait for this final cinematic nugget. I've always felt the Beatles and fans had a reciprocal relationship. It's time for Apple to once again honor this long-standing tacit agreement by speeding up the release date. The true fans deserve this respect.

The words 'Apple, and Honour' shouldn't be used in the same sentence. They are one of the most dishonourable record companies around. There are a lot of things we should have had by now. MMT for instance, and the Yellow Submarine movie has been deleted. And not to mention the remastered back catalogue. The Help! DVD is welcome, but not at any price! George's 2 remaining Apple releases have still not been re-issued. And what did we get with the anniversary issues of Sgt. Pepper, and The White Album? The same stuff repackaged, no remastering. Every other major group has had their stuff re-issued in superior sound quality years ago, and we're left hanging on a thread!

You've got me going now! :)

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2007, 05:30:40 PM »

Quote from: 483

The words 'Apple, and Honour' shouldn't be used in the same sentence. They are one of the most dishonourable record companies around. There are a lot of things we should have had by now. MMT for instance, and the Yellow Submarine movie has been deleted. And not to mention the remastered back catalogue. The Help! DVD is welcome, but not at any price! George's 2 remaining Apple releases have still not been re-issued. And what did we get with the anniversary issues of Sgt. Pepper, and The White Album? The same stuff repackaged, no remastering. Every other major group has had their stuff re-issued in superior sound quality years ago, and we're left hanging on a thread!

You've got me going now! :)

You have some good points here. I guess Apple--as much as I love it--hasn't always been as "pure as the driven snow"...

you're SO right about MMT...we want a DECENT remastering of it!!!! and YES, the excessively priced "Help! (Deluxe version) I am NOT getting !!--even the extras shouldn't make it cost over $90.00 in the States. I understand they're also offering the non-frills version (like 30 bucks, I think)-- that's the one El Cheapo (yours truly) is waiting for.

and needless to repeat.....our long-awaited L.I.B, which will probably appear the same day as THE SECOND COMING.

oh the abuse us Beatle fans must endure..... :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 80 queries.