Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: the blue angel club  (Read 1991 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
the blue angel club
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:33:45 PM »

it is said that judy garland visited this allan owned club.....it was called the wyvern b4.
she also wanted to sing a song there but no piano player would step up and accompany her and play over the rainbow...later allan got into an argument with her and asked her never to come back....

Bobber

Re: the blue angel club
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »

Was she  really That nasty of a person?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:50:29 AM »

I wish the witch would have gotten her.

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 05:31:34 AM »

;D
Quote from: 373
I wish the witch would have gotten her.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »

We all went to Manchester for the world premier of the musical 'Maggie May', written by Alun Owen and Lionel Bart. It was a musical set in Liverpool and was to feature a group - the Nocturnes, who were resident at the Blue Angel appeared in it, as did Geoff Hughes.
After the show we all went back to the Blue. Judy and her then husband were with us as she was to record an EP of numbers from the show. I was helping Judy play the one-armed bandit by the front door and she suddenly decided she would sing. Behind us was the grand piano, but no one would volunteer to play it (groups in Liverpool actually played numbers such as 'Over The Rainbow'). Later she decided to leave and she and her husband went out to the car. For some reason, Allan, who was inebriated at the time, rushed after them and tried to grab the side of the car, trying to get on the dashboard, shouting that she was barred and wouldn't be allowed in the club again. I don't know what that was all about, but it was a typical incident.
I next saw Judy in London and we used to chat at the Speakeasy and the Revolution clubs. The last time I saw her was at the Revolution when me and Virginia were at a table with Judy and Veronica Lake and the four of us chatted until three in the morning.

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 46 queries.