Solo forums > George Harrison

Where Were You?

(1/23) > >>

somedude210:
this has probably been done, or something similar. but i was just wondering where you were when you heard the news of his death, now that i'm finally getting into his solo stuff.

i wasnt into the beatles then, only a few more months and i would have been, but i remember my 8th grade history teacher was like a HUGE beatles fan, and he had like an entire section of wall above his desk was devoted to the beatles with pictures and a few newspaper clippings about George. but i never knew of him or cared much when he died. kinda wished i did now. same goes for John. :'(

Mairi:
I don't remember what I was doing as I wasn't a Beatles fan at the time, but I was looking through some very old magazines last year, or the year before, and they were talking about George and how he was going to have a speedy recovery. It was pretty depressing.

raxo:
I was at home ... it was very early in the morning (it all happened at night here in Europe) and I realized about it seeing TV news ... they didn't stop telling us about the details of his illness and his bio ... all the day and next night, specials included, of course ... it was very sad, tho we -the fans- somehow knew it, not exactly the day, but we were awared of it ... the first thing I did was to send a message to my bandfellow, who was in another city by that time ... I didn't cry, -if you want to know that- ... too deep sadness to even feel tears on the surface ... I spent the next week composing one song in his honour ... this last year I composed another one trying to copy his unique style (when I read that Macca thing about Friends To Go) and I think I get it ...I consider it the best one I've ever composed. I'm one George fan if you didn't notice. This year is the 5th anniversary ... some news coming, I guess ...

Sondra:
I heard it from CNN or Fox I think. I don't remember if that's the exact moment I heard it, but that's what I remember. It wasn't a huge shock, because he'd been sick. Then they had the whole George Martin thing, so people were sort of prepared for it to happen.

becky:
This is a very sad topic for me, but I still remember almost every detail of when I heard that George had passed away. I woke up with an upset stomach that morning and I didn't hear that he passed away until I got to school that morning. My high school librarian that I worked as a volunteer library page for told me that George had passed away and I almost went into shock. :'( I had to force myself not to cry at school all day that day, but when I got home, I just let it all out and cried all night. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I was depressed for nearly a month about when George passed away and all I could do was think of him. Kids at school made fun of me just because I love him very much and that depressed me even further.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Even my grades had slipped after all that happened. But I managed to bring my grades back up in time for report cards.

I try my best not to think about the day when George had died. It just upsets me. :'( I miss George very very much. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version