Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: brian locking  (Read 4649 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
brian locking
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:39:30 AM »

dUkIR3SV5V4
5wjnMuGHhmE

Ey8_rPD_Hl8
OEGSpBWTFbU

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
Re: brian locking
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »

seems he composed for the Ruth Rendell Mysteries.........http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0166458/combined
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0071626/

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »

Er why is this thread combining the names of Shadows Second Drummer Brian Bennett....and Shadows Second Bass player Brian Locking...?

Que....?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »

Quote from: 2092
Er why is this thread combining the names of Shadows Second Drummer Brian Bennett....and Shadows Second Bass player Brian Locking...?

Que....?

we can't all be perfect like you i guess!!!

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »

Ah the Rude response....how very  clever !  

And from a moderator too....says everything about this board I guess...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »

That guess is a bit uncalled for Pegasus. Sorry you feel like that about the whole board, as I have enjoyed some of your posts. Sometimes when 2 smart-arses get together it breeds trouble. No need to condemn the majority. There is an ignore feature, where you can avoid reading each others posts if that helps. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 11:09:25 AM »

I can ASSURE you all that I am certainly NOT being a "Smart Arse" whatever any of you may think !

I have  written for several Rock Magazines in the past...and  even helped Record Companies with their Album  notes in the past....

I also have written for more than one  Fanzine for  Top Sixties and Seventies Bands over the years.....

But you will NEVER EVER  know it all do you ? - and I certainly DON'T ever think I do...

However I have spotted a number of things on here people have either got wrong or just don't know the FULL Details or FACTS  of...

I'm happy to pass on any info I have myself learned from many others over the past 40 years...and it's NOT a case of  "Me being clever" at all I can assure you...

The very title of this Thread...."Brian Bennett Locking" ...was a gaping error (now since duly corrected I note !)  that  Shadows fans would have Laughed at....and I was simply trying to HELP you to correct this.......

...and yet a Forum Moderator...someone who Surely really OUGHT to know better...can do NO better than just make a silly sarcastic dig back at me !

I  NEVER claimed to be "Perfect"...Did I ?

I DO wish forum posters...and especially someone carrying Responsibility such as a Forum Moderator would refrain from making such daft and frankly unpleasant toned assumptions...Civility costs nothing !

.... as far as I am concerned you can all go on happily getting Shadows band members named all muddled up together...

....or thinking that either Tony Hicks & Allan Clarke of The Hollies .....are Graham Nash !!!

...or thinking that  Mike Rickfors sang on just ONE Hollies  single....when he in fact also sang Lead on two excellent early seventies Hollies albums..."Romany" (1972) and "Out On The Road" (1973) - the Second not even released in the UK in 1973....or to date !

it doesn't bother me at all....I can quite happily go back to my other Music works....and  not answer any of this forum members questions...

By the way, for the record,  Shadows second bassist Brian Locking became a Jehovah's Witness after leaving The Shadows...the actual reason he left the group in 1963 ...tho' he IS still a mate of the other Shadows members..(He even guested with them later circa 1968-69 for some London shows when Bruce Welch was then either out of the band or just unavailable and they were briefly a man short...) .

"Liquorice" has appeared at several more recent "Shadowmania" events...and played with Shads ex-members & Guitar buff fans....,

Brian Bennett took part in the shads final tour...most recently the Cliff & The Shads farewell tour together ....Brian has done alot of TV Theme & Incidental Music & Arranging etc...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 01:32:42 PM »

People have different styles of posting on here and sometimes, I now see you emphasize things which can be interpreted wrong as can PC31's posts. Indeed, nobody knows it all or we would not be here now. All I ask is for you both in this case to reign it in a bit. Although I respect your said credentials, I see no reason why you have to berate all Mods. If there is a problem, you can always message an administrator.

Diplomatically, I used the term smart-arses lightly, as a neutral person reading both of you. Stick around and you will uncover more writers, musicians and people with interesting experience on these forums.

Above all folks, peace & love.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »

Quote from: 284
maybe the flying horse would like me banned??paul could help....

I can't ban anyone Marshall, as well you know.

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »

I can't be bothered to waste my time  getting into a pointless argument with one of these Forum "Bully Boys" who think they can tell everyone else whatever they like by using an unpleasant and aggresive attitiude  to try to intimidate everyone else......

Your insults have no effect on me old chap !

I have been advised that quite a few forum members on here have previously objected to your attitude over a period of time...this type of thing is sadly only too common on forums where one "full of his own importance"  guy thinks he can "Bully" everyone else about by being blunt, Rude, & dissmissive of their postings...in order to try to "Shut them up"... ...so I will simply ignore ALL your postings from now on....

These types are always GUYS...it's never women........who make "Assumptions" (mainly incorrect) over other forum members...however for the record I was NOT being condesending...I simply asked a valid question....as re-reading my above post will remind you !

I DO NOT want you "Banned" - did I ever say that ? - and  why should I ? I don't know (or care) anything about you !

However....I certainly will not EVER be intimidated by your aggresive & unpleasant attitude and WILL continue to post as often and whenever I choose ...so Hard luck !

Pegasus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

One further point - If you don't like my postings I suggest you ignore them...as I MOST  certainly will do yours....

However other members of this forum tell me that they DO enjoy them...so I will post for THEIR benefit.

I would also advise that "Songwriting credits" are NOT always accurate.....

Charles Manson co-wrote The Beach Boys song "Never Learn Not To love" in 1968 (originally titled "Cease To exist")....Manson took a cash payment dfrom Dennis Wilson instead of a label credit.

The Hollies 1964-1966 original songs are credited to "Ransford" (Graham Nash's Grandfather's surname)...when they were actually written by Clarke-Hicks-Nash.

The Shadows "F.B.I." is credited to "Peter Gormley" (their Manager) when in fact Marvin-Welch-Harris-Meehan actually wrote it....

So Label credits are not always correct...."Lennon-McCartney" very seldom wrote songs as a true team after 1964....did they ?

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:08:45 PM »

i just want a link to the harrison interveiw where the claim about edric is made....i love being a bully boy too...your evaluation of me is a total miss horseman..i play bully boy to weed thru the plastic people,which you wear nicely i figure...i have been banned for being a butt head b4...i may not even be like that to real people...i like the fact you and others talk about too...that means you are leaving others alone...
paul i am sorry about that comment but i figured i owed you...if we can't work things out in the open then they ain't worth being worked out...still i'll take my hat off to you..your road is a hard one and as horse said i am trivial in the larger scope of things...but if you wanna side which the pompous steed by all means have at it...but if you find that link where george says edric co wrote hcts post it and i'll stop beating a dead horse...and i believe dennis stole everything from charlies song...and just changed titles..why would denny write a song with someone he feared????there are 3 tunes denny recorded that were mansons i believe...

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »

Quote from: 15
Above all folks, peace & love.

Is that you Ringo?

Ringo???

RINGO???????  :)

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 61 queries.