Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Songs you loved/obsessed about previously that now are painful to listen to  (Read 3373 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages

Enjoyed reading the post about songs that you didn't originally like but are warming up to.

This post is about songs you really liked, over-listened to and they wore out there welcome (some make it back to the playlist though!)

For me, two songs come to mind:

-Why don't we do it in the road - love the tone and simplicity of it, put it on every mix cassette (then mix cd) for a long long time, struggle to listen to it now
-Everybody's got something to hide... - same thing, put it on too many mixes, way overplayed it.

I think the theme of these two songs for me was trying to put generally unheard of songs (unheard by the general public) onto mixes as attempt to introduce others to them or to be "cool".  I like the songs, just is difficult to listen to them today.

Anybody else have stories of Beatle songs that have been banished to not be heard for a while?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.

The ones I can think of right now : 'Get Back', 'We Can Work It Out' and 'Let It Be' (though I still enjoy its solo very much - from the album version of course).

But then again, I've never liked either of those songs VERY much. When I really enjoy a song, it's kind of hard to get painful to listen to it. I think it has something special that will always make you come back. :)
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector

Nope...none for me...
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?

'Hey Jude' is tough to get through sometimes.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages

Nope...none for me...

certainly your glass is more than half full sir

7 of 13

• Getting Better

this doesn't need to be said.. it's been proven scientifically that it is impossible to over-listen to a beatles song.  ha2ha
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

nimrod

I used to like Blue Jay way and Only A Northern Song but now they just seem devoid of all purpose and dirge like, painful to listen to and extremely boring 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

I used to like Blue Jay way and Only A Northern Song but now they just seem devoid of all purpose and dirge like, painful to listen to and extremely boring 

I agree with you in regard to Only A Northern Song, but give a listen to Blue Jay Way with headphones and report back, Kev.
I can stay till it's time to go

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem

All You Need is Love

Adored that one forever, now I feel annoyed by it.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector

certainly your glass is more than half full sir

And will only get fuller as the years go by.

this doesn't need to be said.. it's been proven scientifically that it is impossible to over-listen to a beatles song.  ha2ha
 ;yes

I don't even need scientific proof. I just have experienced it.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: Songs you loved/obsessed about previously that now are painful to listen to
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »

Not that I loved it so much but I now am finding myself skipping Sgt Pepper (the song, not the whole album) .... Don't know why, but it lost its touch for me

Everybody Got Something To Hide - I used to think of it as a fun bouncy song but now I just think it silly. Sounds more like a bunch of noise and funny lyrics.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 69 queries.