Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Richard Lester  (Read 1637 times)

Richard Lester
« on: December 29, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »

I feel a bit guilty that there isn't any thread about the man who have created some of the funniest british motion pictures and some short comedy skits, although he's from Philadelphia (USA), and not so many american directors could understand their (british) humor: for example The Running Jumping & Standing Still Film, AHDN, The Knack ...and How to Get It, Help, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, How I Won the War, The Three Musketeers, The Four Musketeers, Royal Flash, The Ritz... and even some sequences of The Superman movies (if you know what I mean when I talk about comedies :D)

so there isn't so much talk about him, but I always wanted to remember him as one of those who gave that Beatles' image for the same Beatles with such movie like "A HARD DAY'S NIGHT"!

he influenced many directors such as Martin Scorsese or even Francis Ford Coppola, with idea to put the songs in a movie without a musical, who in the future would have been a video clip.

long live one of the most influential directors and genius at british comedy - Richard Lester!

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 31 queries.