Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Smoke or Vape?  (Read 981 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Smoke or Vape?
« on: August 18, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »

I'm very curious about vaping.  May I ask of this Forum how many of you smoke or vape?

Here's my questions:

1)  Do you smoke?
2)  Do you vape?
3)  Do you both smoke and vape?  If both, why?
4)  What is the difference between smoking and vaping?
5)  Are you concerned about the recent health warnings re: teenagers who have been going to emergency rooms and getting diagnoses of lung damage?
6)  Are you concerned about reports of vaporettes exploding?
7)  Is vaping cheaper than smoking?  For some reason, I tend to think it is but I've never checked out the pricing.
8)  How much nicotine is in a vaporette compared to a cigarette?
9)  Is it possible to "overdose" on nicotine?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback on this subject.  I used to smoke 2-3 packs a day a long time ago.  Sometimes I'm still tempted but I'm also interested in what vaping feels like.  I know I enjoyed tobacco but I can't imagine vapor being as satisfying.  But what do I know?

And with that, have a good day!  I might not reply for a while.  I usually have to be in the right mood to want to write something.  Today's one of my better days for that.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Smoke or Vape?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 07:08:02 PM »

Hi LocoMo,

In answer to (some) of your questions, I've never smoked or vaped, and neither, to my knowledge, have any of my three kids.

I'm not exactly sure of the difference between smoking and vaping, other than the physical ones. They both contain nicotine, though. And yes, I am concerned about the skyrocketing incidence of vaping among teens and of its ill effects on one's health.

I've never heard of a vaping device exploding. That would be scary!

Most people in this area use snuff or chew, and those seriously gross me out. (Just thought I'd add that!)

Cheers,

Kathy

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 07:46:10 PM »

Normandie:  Read this about vaping explosions.  Every now and then, they talk about similar incidents on the news.  These tend to attract media attention.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/19/health/e-cigarette-vape-explode-teen-study/index.html

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 10:59:09 PM »

^^^^^^

Omigosh; those injuries look horrific! I don't think I'll be able to get some of those photos out of my mind.  :-\

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 12:35:48 AM »

None.
Quit smoking 26 years ago, never vaped.
Cigarettes should be banned imo.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »

Looks like they're getting ready to ban vaping considering all the news reports lately about people dying from it or having irreversible lung damage.

There's a lot of small stores where the owners are gonna go face down bankrupt.  I bet they've been making pretty good money up until now.  Before it gets banned, they've probably already been losing many customers.

So not only does vaping physically harm people but it's about to destroy a lot of people economically, too.

Another piece of this is when people start trying to sue the stores.  I haven't heard of that yet but I bet it'll happen and there's plenty of lawyers at the ready, I'm sure.

Okay.  Hardly anyone on this forum is interested in this topic, so I'll leave it alone after this.  Go back to inhaling your clean air, everyone!

KelMar

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 04:01:53 AM »

Ahhh!

Page created in 0.478 seconds with 51 queries.