Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mark Waters in Talks to Direct Beatles Time-Travel Comedy " GET BACK " 1/28/2011  (Read 1776 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Collider.com

Mark Waters in Talks to Direct Beatles Time-Travel Comedy " GET BACK "
January 28th, 2011

Here’s something I never thought I’d say: director Mark Waters (Mean Girls) is apparently in negotiations to direct a Beatles-themed time-travel comedy called Get Back. Written by Chris McCoy, the movie centers on two Beatles-fans who travel back in time to prevent John Lennon from ever meeting Yoko Ono, thereby preventing the Beatles from ever breaking up. It’s Back to the Future meet...something. Waters recently just wrapped shooting Mr. Popper’s Penguins with Jim Carrey. Variety reports that he hopes to start filming Get Back late this summer in London. Not much else is known about the project at this time. Now, who should play the fab four?

http://collider.com/mark-waters-get-back-beatles/73265/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:41:17 AM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better

. . . the movie centers on two Beatles-fans who travel back in time to prevent John Lennon from ever meeting Yoko Ono,

:o :o 
i'm no yoko fan, but that's actually a pretty mean premise for a movie considering she's widowed . .
maybe it portrays yoko in a good light by the film's end, and i would think it would have to to get yoko's permission to use the beatles likenesses

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 38 queries.