Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640550 times)

KelMar

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8740 on: December 03, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »

Back to work this morning after 11 days off. I love my job but I am not a morning person!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8741 on: December 04, 2013, 03:58:12 AM »

Back to work this morning after 11 days off. I love my job but I am not a morning person!
Sounds like a nice break! It's hard to get back to it after that long!
My vaca starts on the 21st and I don't have to go back till Jan. 6. I'm ready and counting! :)
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8742 on: December 04, 2013, 09:16:51 AM »

Sounds like a nice break! It's hard to get back to it after that long!
My vaca starts on the 21st and I don't have to go back till Jan. 6. I'm ready and counting! :)
My last day is on 24th and coming back on the 3rd of Jan....! (Yep, I work for the govt...!)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8743 on: December 04, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »

My last day is on 24th and coming back on the 3rd of Jan....! (Yep, I work for the govt...!)
Me too! Local.
I like the Christmas Holidays for vacation because with all the scheduled days off I can add in my vacation days and get 16 (this year) consecutive days off for the use of 6 vacation days! That leaves me some for the spring as well.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8744 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

Was woken up last night after 12:30 am to shoving, screaming and general panic!!!
The warmer weather must have woken up a bat and it was flying around the bedroom. My wife (from completely under the covers) shouting "Get it! Get it! "I will! I will!
The little guy conveniently landed on top of the window trim so I got him in a towel and let him go outside.
When I got back into bed my wife Nancy asked me if I thought he would be OK! I replied he was probably more scared from you screaming and will gladly take his chances outside!
Back to sleep!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8745 on: December 04, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »

Me too! Local.
I like the Christmas Holidays for vacation because with all the scheduled days off I can add in my vacation days and get 16 (this year) consecutive days off for the use of 6 vacation days! That leaves me some for the spring as well.

That's kind of how I ended up with all this time. I'll be doing it at Christmas too. Even though I only work three days a week I still get vacation days to add to our usual holiday closings. I had it all planned out and then my boss decided that since we're normally closed on Wednesdays we needed to be closed on the days after Christmas and New Year's too. I love my job....and my boss!

Was woken up last night after 12:30 am to shoving, screaming and general panic!!!

I would have reacted much the same way as Nancy did!

KelMar

« Reply #8746 on: December 04, 2013, 06:33:33 PM »

What a night we had last night. My aunt and uncle recently moved from their home of over 40 years to be closer to their daughter. He's 86 and decided yesterday while my aunt was out with my cousin to take off in their van, just around dark. No one knew where he was until the state police found him broken down along a busy Interstate at 2:00 am. He was trying to go back to what he considered home, which was a good three hour drive. He hasn't been in doing well for the last year and this is definitely going to call for even more changes in his life I'm afraid.  :'(

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8747 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:23 PM »

That must have been really scary, Kelley! I'm glad your uncle was found, safe.

KelMar

« Reply #8748 on: December 05, 2013, 03:06:10 AM »

That must have been really scary, Kelley! I'm glad your uncle was found, safe.

Thanks, Kathy. Yes, he gave us all a good scare.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8749 on: December 05, 2013, 04:06:10 AM »

The warmer weather must have woken up a bat and it was flying around the bedroom. My wife (from completely under the covers) shouting "Get it! Get it! "I will! I will!
The little guy conveniently landed on top of the window trim so I got him in a towel and let him go outside.
When I got back into bed my wife Nancy asked me if I thought he would be OK! I replied he was probably more scared from you screaming and will gladly take his chances outside!
Back to sleep!

That was no ordinary bat, Dave...

Children of the Night - Dracula (4/10) Movie CLIP (1931) HD
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8750 on: December 05, 2013, 04:08:10 AM »

He was trying to go back to what he considered home, which was a good three hour drive. He hasn't been in doing well for the last year and this is definitely going to call for even more changes in his life I'm afraid.  :'(

Yes.  Right now, it would be best to hide the keys to the van.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8751 on: December 05, 2013, 12:52:27 PM »

That was no ordinary bat, Dave...

Children of the Night - Dracula (4/10) Movie CLIP (1931) HD
They're really quite nice! I like them a lot. Between the bats, Chimney Swifts and a usual steady breeze off the mountain I'm only occasionally bothered with a mosquito! I maintain as a life hobby (for lack of a better term) this property as a wildlife refuge and provide food, water and shelter for the critters that live here. Even the bats get taken care of. Occasionally they have to adjust they're location and I also check them for white nose disease when I catch one . It's quite funny really to see the wife going through her total panic when one makes it's way out of the attic!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8752 on: December 05, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »

I would have reacted much the same way as Nancy did!

Me, too! I am terrified of bats. I can only imagine how hysterical I would be if one ever got into the apartment.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8753 on: December 05, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »

Me, too! I am terrified of bats. I can only imagine how hysterical I would be if one ever got into the apartment.
I'll save you!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8754 on: December 05, 2013, 02:03:40 PM »

Your mechanic could put in a kill switch for fuel or ignition so it would just be one added thing to start the vehicle when you want to go somewhere. P.S. don't tell him about it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8755 on: December 05, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »

No one knew where he was until the state police found him broken down along a busy Interstate at 2:00 am.

I meant to add, Kelley, that thank God this freezing cold weather had not made it to the East yet.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8756 on: December 05, 2013, 05:32:11 PM »

They're really quite nice! I like them a lot. Between the bats, Chimney Swifts and a usual steady breeze off the mountain I'm only occasionally bothered with a mosquito! I maintain as a life hobby (for lack of a better term) this property as a wildlife refuge and provide food, water and shelter for the critters that live here. Even the bats get taken care of. Occasionally they have to adjust they're location and I also check them for white nose disease when I catch one.

That's nice that you take care of them, Dcazz.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #8757 on: December 05, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »

I'm hoping that my aunt will decide that she no longer needs it. There's plenty of social opportunities at the place where they live and my cousin and her two kids can take them shopping and to appointments.

I meant to add, Kelley, that thank God this freezing cold weather had not made it to the East yet.

That was the one comforting thought I had that evening!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8758 on: December 06, 2013, 05:50:53 AM »

Your will must be strong...

Dracula (9/10) Movie CLIP - Dracula and Van Helsing (1931) HD

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8759 on: December 06, 2013, 11:06:27 AM »

I've never seen a real bat

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 527

Page created in 0.676 seconds with 79 queries.