Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: International Beatles Freak Day given a new name and a new date.  (Read 878 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

International Beatles Freak Day
January 2, 2011

It has been announced that International Beatles Freak Day has been given a new name and a new date. The new name for the world's original Beatles celebration day is International Beatles Fan Day, which will now be celebrated worldwide on June 6.Since its inception in 2008, some fans have expressed their dislike of being referred to as 'freaks'", says Jennifer of I-BFD. "Though many embrace it, I thought it was time to gather all the 'fans' into one category and rename the holiday. Also, our original date, January 14th, had no meaning in Beatles history. Now the annual celebration will be held on June 6, which is the anniversary of the day the Fab Four auditioned for George Martin."There is also now a new newsletter to go along with the new name and date. The original I-BFD.com mailing list was lost in a computer crash in August 2011, so fans are asked to sign up for the new newsletter on the homepage to keep up with news and updates.

http://www.i-bfd.com/
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 35 queries.