Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 639810 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8580 on: August 31, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »

I was lucky she let me; for some reason having your mom walk into your dorm carrying a large basket of wet underwear is embarrassing. Go figure!

I can imagine, Kelley!  ha2ha

Of course, about 30 seconds after my grouchy post, the delivery people showed up with the new dryer. Murphy's Law strikes again.  ;D

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8581 on: August 31, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »

You're making me nervous.  My washer and dryer are twelve years old.  :-[
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8582 on: September 01, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »

We had a huge yard sale yesterday! The rain stopped just in time for setup and was dry until we closed it up! We had a steady stream of people all day and made some money! Best of all, I can walk up in the attic now!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8583 on: September 01, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »

I can imagine, Kelley!  ha2ha

Of course, about 30 seconds after my grouchy post, the delivery people showed up with the new dryer. Murphy's Law strikes again.  ;D
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8584 on: September 01, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »

I feel your pain Kathy! My dryer died a few years back on Easter Sunday. I threw a huge load of socks and underwear in it and when my daughter was packing up to go back to school later that day we discovered that it no longer heated. I ended up using the dryer in her dorm. I was lucky she let me; for some reason having your mom walk into your dorm carrying a large basket of wet underwear is embarrassing. Go figure!
If you put on your Pippy Longstocking wig and sung Disney tunes it would have been perfect! Hi Ho, Hi, Ho....
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8585 on: September 02, 2013, 03:25:51 AM »

If you put on your Pippy Longstocking wig and sung Disney tunes it would have been perfect! Hi Ho, Hi, Ho....

Good grief Dave, that's quite a visual you put forth there! I couldn't have done anything like that; she would have run away and never returned! I'm glad your yard sale went well. I don't do those any more since we have one at the library. That's enough for me to deal with! I'll bet some of your customers just wanted to get a look at that gorgeous house!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8586 on: September 02, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »

Good grief Dave, that's quite a visual you put forth there! I couldn't have done anything like that; she would have run away and never returned! I'm glad your yard sale went well. I don't do those any more since we have one at the library. That's enough for me to deal with! I'll bet some of your customers just wanted to get a look at that gorgeous house!
I only let one guy in! he spent $200.00 and was a real history buff!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8587 on: September 02, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »

Wow, that is a gorgeous-looking house, Dave! Your whole property (well, what can be seen in the photos) looks awesome. I would have been pestering you and your wife to let me inside -- and probably spent $200 if need be.  ;)   I love older houses and buildings.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8588 on: September 02, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »

You're making me nervous.  My washer and dryer are twelve years old.  :-[

I will keep my fingers crossed that they hang on for several more years.  :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8589 on: September 02, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »

Wow, that is a gorgeous-looking house, Dave! Your whole property (well, what can be seen in the photos) looks awesome. I would have been pestering you and your wife to let me inside -- and probably spent $200 if need be.  ;)   I love older houses and buildings.
I would let you in for free. We were part of a Christmas Tour in our town and the family of the last long time owner were in tears at the restored condition it was in! One of them was at the yard sale. I am so blessed to be here. I love it!
If you want to see more photos of the house there are a bunch of them on my FB wall! Feel free to browse!
You could also zoom in on the map part of my profile and get the big picture!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:37:07 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8590 on: September 04, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »

Great photos! The house looks so cozy -- and solid. Love the wood-burning stove and the hardwood floors!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8591 on: September 04, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »

Great photos! The house looks so cozy -- and solid. Love the wood-burning stove and the hardwood floors!
Thanks, it is a very cozy place. I tend to park myself in front of the woodstove in the winter! I just stacked my 5th cord of wood this am so I'm set! A Motrin and a couple of Advil will complete the deal! Lol! I have more pictures but I have to get them to my wall (I thought there were more).
If you look above the stove on the beehive oven you'll see a Charleville musket that I believe was carried by my 5th great grandfather. He was a  member of Marblehead's Gen. John Glovers Regiment. he was an oarsman on Gen. Washington's boat when he crossed the Delaware River at Trenton, NJ.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:10:02 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8592 on: September 04, 2013, 05:33:20 PM »

The FedEx guy just delivered my new work laptop. This will be my first experience with Windows 8. Heaven help me!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8593 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:15 PM »

The FedEx guy just delivered my new work laptop. This will be my first experience with Windows 8. Heaven help me!
I like 7 better.
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8594 on: September 04, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »

I like 7 better.

I swore up and down that I would never touch 8 but my co-worker's computer is dying and we decided that she should get my 7 machine so here I am! I do need to learn it because I'm the person who helps our library patrons with computer issues but I will keep my home 7 machine forever....even if I have to replace all the parts!

nimrod

« Reply #8595 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »

I swore up and down that I would never touch 8 but my co-worker's computer is dying and we decided that she should get my 7 machine so here I am! I do need to learn it because I'm the person who helps our library patrons with computer issues but I will keep my home 7 machine forever....even if I have to replace all the parts!

let me know how it goes Kelley, my lappy is due for update soon and I'll be getting 8 :P

KelMar

« Reply #8596 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »

let me know how it goes Kelley, my lappy is due for update soon and I'll be getting 8 :P

Well, Kev, after two days with 8 all I can say is that it was kind of an ill-convinced venture! Microsoft should have just released two versions; one for people who want to touch their computer screens and one for the rest of us. The "Metro" view looks like a smartphone with its apps but there is also a desktop view. Running the Metro screen with a mouse feels clunky. I rarely venture there except when I have to. The thing I hated the most at first was the lack of a start menu on the desktop. I use that list on the right side of the start menu a lot so I finally made my own by creating desktop shortcuts for all the places on the list and stacking them up in order where the menu would be. That would be my best advice if you want to try and replicate the look of 7. Having said all that, it really isn't that hard to learn. Whenever I get stuck I just Google. Most everything is still lurking in the system somewhere, you just have to figure out where it is as you go.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8597 on: September 06, 2013, 01:37:23 PM »

UGH my kids' new computer has 8, and it took me literally about 15 minutes to figure out how to turn the darn thing off! Of course, the kids had it all figured out in no time.  ha2ha   

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8598 on: September 06, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

If you look above the stove on the beehive oven you'll see a Charleville musket that I believe was carried by my 5th great grandfather. He was a  member of Marblehead's Gen. John Glovers Regiment. he was an oarsman on Gen. Washington's boat when he crossed the Delaware River at Trenton, NJ.

That is so fascinating! Yes, I had noticed the musket and had wondered how old it was.

I've been following your and Kelley's (and others') posts in the Genealogy thread with a lot of interest.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8599 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:43 PM »

That is so fascinating! Yes, I had noticed the musket and had wondered how old it was.

I've been following your and Kelley's (and others') posts in the Genealogy thread with a lot of interest.
Me too! I think it's a 1768 Charleville (French)  musket. After his enlistment was up he became a Privateer and was later captured by the British in a sea battle and spent 2 years in Dartmoor Prison. He was released early because he was witnessed giving medical assistance to both British and American wounded.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:59:44 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 527

Page created in 1.016 seconds with 78 queries.