Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Magic Christian & other Ringo movies  (Read 2697 times)

Wayne L.

The Magic Christian & other Ringo movies
« on: June 25, 2004, 03:16:04 PM »

The Magic Christian with the late, great Peter Sellers & with Ringo in one of his best movies as an actor which was released in 70 but I saw it for the first & only time late at night back in 80 with its off the wall humor while both of them made a great comedy team which is why I'll never understand why the movie studios never thought of letting Sellers & Ringo do another one especially at the height of Ringo's popularity as a solo artist in the early 70's besides classic movie cable channels AMC or TCM should be showing TMC if they were smart & Come & Get It by Badfinger is the theme song which is cool.  I still haven't seen That' ll Be The Day with Ringo & British teen idol David Essex who did the great 70's rock classic Rock On which is probably equal to The Magic Christian as a movie & much better than Grease while Caveman was a big disappointment to me personally because there was no speaking except one word but I would like to see 200 Motels with Ringo playing Frank Zappa which must be a trip while it's tragedy that 80's rock icon Jon Bon Jovi might win an Oscar in the near future before rock legends Ringo Starr, Roger Daltrey & Gene Simmons

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: The Magic Christian & other Ringo movies
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 05:28:23 PM »

I saw The Magic Christian MANY years ago when I was about 10 - in fact I can hardly remember it! I recall it being weird, but, as I say, it's been years since I last saw it!

That'll Be The Day though is asbsolutely awesome! Ringo REALLY is the star in that - he steals the scene from David Essex every time they share the screen.

Ringo plays a fairground attendant (sort of carnie!) at a British holiday camp in the late Fifties, conning people on the dodgem cars and sleeping with as many guests as possible! He was VERY natural in the role. Ringo's (failed) love interest in the movie was his then wife Maureen!

Keith Moon also had a part in the movie playing a cocky, flamboyant but extremely talented drummer... what else!?

Ringo turned down the chance to reprise his role in the follow up movie, Stardust, as he feared it might detract from The Beatles legacy. I think this was a big mistake. His part was instead played by Adam Faith, who, whilst being very good in the role, however lacked Ringo's charisma.

I highly reccommend you rent this on video! GREAT soundtrack too!!!

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 05:31:12 PM »

Slightly off topic, has anyone here seen How I Won The War? It was on once by chance, but was halfway over...I probably should've watched anyway as I don't think it's on video and isn't shown much on AMC or whatever it was...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 05:35:11 PM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088176564,s=2 date=1088184672]Slightly off topic, has anyone here seen How I Won The War? It was on once by chance, but was halfway over...I probably should've watched anyway as I don't think it's on video and isn't shown much on AMC or whatever it was...[/quote]

Yeah - now that is a weird movie! It's supposed to be an anti-war film highlighting the absurdities of conflict. But what was with the pink, red and green soldiers? Bizarre!

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 41 queries.