Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 110

Author Topic: Beatles pics  (Read 397998 times)

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Beatles pics
« Reply #2100 on: December 12, 2011, 06:46:04 PM »

Wno can say something about www.bestcddvd.com ?

What I would say is...SPAM!

:P
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Donzie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2101 on: April 17, 2012, 02:17:51 AM »

HELP!!
I recently acquired this photo. Can anyone I.D it? I know it's Ringo, looks like on a bus. I'm wondering about it's origin. I'm thinking it may have been framed but it seems like an odd photo to be mass produced. Credit is given to Mike McCartney, which I believe is Paul's brother.
It's a great candid photo but I can't find any info online about it so I would appreciate any info anyone can throw my way.

KelMar

« Reply #2102 on: April 19, 2012, 05:29:57 AM »

HELP!!
I recently acquired this photo. Can anyone I.D it? I know it's Ringo, looks like on a bus. I'm wondering about it's origin. I'm thinking it may have been framed but it seems like an odd photo to be mass produced. Credit is given to Mike McCartney, which I believe is Paul's brother.
It's a great candid photo but I can't find any info online about it so I would appreciate any info anyone can throw my way.

Yes, Mike is Paul's brother. He's a well-known photographer who spent a lot of time photographing the band. This was mass-produced and can be seen as part of a Mike McCartney postcard collection:

http://www.therockandrollemporium.com/Mike-McCartney-Beatles-Postcard-Collection-p/gn239.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-BEATLES-Mike-McCartney-Collection-Numbered-1-19-/130513944301

It's not that unusual, especially for Mike McCartney who often captured his subjects when they were sleeping.

"Among the most captivating are the family photographs — pictures of father James at the piano and posing with a couple of pretty young women at a house party; a framed portrait of mother Mary, who died when McCartney was 12, propped up in front of her grandmother clock; Uncle Albert (immortalized in the Wings song “Let ’Em In”) and Aunty Milly asleep on the couch.

'They look so peaceful,' McCartney says when asked about his penchant for capturing subjects — including Graham Nash of Crosby, Stills & Nash (while he was still with the Hollies) — in mid-snooze. 'And they can’t complain.' "

http://www.clevelandmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E73ABD6180B44874871A91F6BA5C249C&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=1578600D80804596A222593669321019&tier=4&id=8FDC3674E32C4AF998A7E4DF989BDA88

Oh and I don't know for sure but I'm guessing that the one of Ringo may have been taken in the van that the Beatles used to get to gigs in the early days.

Donzie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2103 on: April 19, 2012, 06:25:49 AM »

Thanks for the info.
So the large photo I have was used for the postcards. Would my photo have come framed and sold in stores?

starofwonder

• A Beginning
« Reply #2104 on: April 19, 2012, 10:58:46 PM »

They were mobbed wherever they went in those hectic years...
maybe thats why most pics seem to be in studios, in a lounge... in a bar
where are the pics of the Beatles in the streets of New York... doing a bit of sight
seeing ?
 cant think of any !

KelMar

« Reply #2105 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:01 AM »

Thanks for the info.
So the large photo I have was used for the postcards. Would my photo have come framed and sold in stores?

With that border around the edges it doesn't look like it had been part of the postcard collection. But I still think it was mass produced due to the image's appearance in the collection and because it has the information printed at the bottom. An original, single copy wouldn't have that. I imagine whoever had it last framed it just because they really liked it. I do too. Where did you get it?

Donzie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2106 on: April 20, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »

I got it from a young lady that works at store near me. She gave it to me when I purchased the mirror.
The total picture measures 11" x 14". Other than the postcards and it's use in Mike McCartney's YouTube video I can't find anything about this same photo. Do you knon anyone I could contact that might have more information?
Thank you for all your help.

Here's the mirror.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:12:00 PM by Donzie »

KelMar

« Reply #2107 on: April 21, 2012, 04:25:19 AM »

Other than the postcards and it's use in Mike McCartney's YouTube video I can't find anything about this same photo. Do you knon anyone I could contact that might have more information?
Thank you for all your help.

So are you looking to find out more information about the circumstances when it was taken? I really don't know anyone specifically to ask. I do spend a fair amount of time reading about The Beatles so I will keep my eyes open for this. Mike McCartney has published a number of books. Maybe it's in one of them. Try your library. That mirror is neat. I hope you're not going to paint it; it's got the perfect amount of aging.  :)

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #2108 on: June 18, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »

Just been reading a piece about The Beatles at the BBC website ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18449107

and saw this picture. which I had never seen before ....

Seems strange that John is wearing his glasses in that shot, which I assume is during a TV recording (why else would they be gathered round a cannon?!)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2109 on: June 18, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »

here from the 1964 movie

http://imgbox.com/aam3idxs

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #2110 on: June 19, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »

I wonder if The Beatles or Angus McBean saw this shot of UK bandleader Joe Loss prior to the Please Please Me album cover photo shoot? Or is it just a coincidence?
They are standing on the exact same spot, by the looks of it!!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2111 on: June 21, 2012, 03:42:17 AM »

Good question, Peter.  One thing's for sure, The Sex Pistols got that idea from The Beatles...

I can stay till it's time to go

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #2112 on: June 21, 2012, 08:22:08 AM »

Good question, Peter.  One thing's for sure, The Sex Pistols got that idea from The Beatles...

;D
And I think The Beatles got the idea from The Beatles too ...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2113 on: June 23, 2012, 04:13:49 AM »

;D
And I think The Beatles got the idea from The Beatles too ...

;D

Three of them anyway.   ;)
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #2114 on: June 24, 2012, 07:19:07 AM »

I wonder if The Beatles or Angus McBean saw this shot of UK bandleader Joe Loss prior to the Please Please Me album cover photo shoot? Or is it just a coincidence?
They are standing on the exact same spot, by the looks of it!!

Interesting!

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #2115 on: June 30, 2012, 01:59:23 AM »

"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

alantriley1

• One And One Is Two

alantriley1

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2117 on: July 17, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »

does anyone know of a photographer from the 60's called Derek Cooper, he was supposed to have been a friend of epstien and had the copyrite to about 100 unpublished photographs. I was shown them by a friend but I think its a scam. can anyone shed any light on this subject. He is supposed to have passed away in 1983, cant find record of his death and left the pictures to this person who obviously cant be named but I have my doubts. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bobber

« Reply #2118 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »

does anyone know of a photographer from the 60's called Derek Cooper, he was supposed to have been a friend of epstien and had the copyrite to about 100 unpublished photographs. I was shown them by a friend but I think its a scam. can anyone shed any light on this subject. He is supposed to have passed away in 1983, cant find record of his death and left the pictures to this person who obviously cant be named but I have my doubts. any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.targetslocated.co.uk/blog/company-news/beatles-insight-never-before-seen-beatles-images

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2119 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:21 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 110

Page created in 1.544 seconds with 78 queries.