Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Present  (Read 29059 times)

Living One

• A Beginning
Re: The Present
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »

Quote from: 185

And as Sandra so wonderfully pointed out, so did Charles Manson and MDC. You're in good company.

Notice I did not say that The Beatles are talking directly to just "me."  They are talking to "you," or anyone who listens to their music.
I find it heartbreaking that you would compare me to these terrible, delusional people.  But I digress...

Why do they use the word friend?  Is that the way you address a girl that you were singing a love song to?
Why did they repeatedly choose to use that word?

Your opinions and answers to these questions are more than welcome!  I'd really like to learn your perspectives.   :)
...and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Embrace Oneness
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »

Bacause some girlfriends are loved, some are just friends, some are both, loves and friends, which is the best. If your girlfriend is no friend to you then you can`t go on.

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2009, 12:23:40 AM »

Very true Jane, but I don't think "friend" is a way to address a girl that you are singing a love song to.  Like I have said, I think they are singing love songs directly to everyone who listens, as we are all the receiver.  We are all the friend, the girl, the darling, the baby, the her, the she, because we are the receiver.  Metaphorically, the female is the receiver.

Check out this excerpt from "The Present" on page 213:

"Second coming: They are coming back, but not as the cute mop tops we saw the first time. This time we will see them for the prophets they really were and hear the spiritual and truth side of their music. It will change the world again. The power and vibe is still there; add the truth and the life (the present), your new perspective and you have a door to the magical mystery tour, a ticket to ride.

The long and winding road that leads to your door; they mean your door, your spirit. When they say I want to be your man, it means they want to be your mind.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:26:25 PM by Jethro Tull »

Embrace Oneness

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:39 AM »

Quote from: 1915

The long and winding road that leads to your door; they mean your door, your spirit. When they say I want to be your man, it means they want to be your

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »

Quote from: 216
When they say: "The long and winding road that leads to your door"- it's probably because "door" rhymes with "before."
When they say: "I wanna to be your man"-they're probably saying, this is a throw away song, so let's finish it quick and give it to the Stones
When thy say: "I wanna hold your hand"- they're probably saying, the girls will eat this stuff up, so let's write ourselves a swimming pool.
When they say: "Come on" -they're probably saying, hey it worked for Buddy Holly, so why not us?

Entirely possible, and these may have been the exact thoughts that ran through their heads when they wrote the lyrics.  I personally think they were saying these things when they wrote the music, but they aren't saying these things when you listen to the music, right now.  They are saying, to you, right now:  "I wanna be your man, I wanna hold your hand."  Their thoughts while writing the music have not persisted, but their music has, and it is brand new every time you hear it.  Let them give you their love, from spirit to spirit (music to you).

I hope I'm allowed to debate this without being accused of being "aggressive" because I don't particularly agree. It's what we're here for. No? ;)

Of course!  Thanks for your opinions Sandra.

Embrace Oneness

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:03 AM »

yawn again.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »

I just listened to "Run for your Life" and realized that John Lennon is trying to kill me!   He's talking to ME in the song?!  Not some little girl with her head in the sand.  And I don't even want to be with another man!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »

^  :)
I can stay till it's time to go

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2009, 12:42:58 AM »

I know the Beatles love me because they put my face on the back of all of their CDs.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2009, 06:42:56 AM »

Quote from: 218
I know the Beatles love me because they put my face on the back of all of their CDs.

;D

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2009, 05:27:29 AM »

Quote from: 9
I just listened to "Run for your Life" and realized that John Lennon is trying to kill me!   He's talking to ME in the song?!  Not some little girl with her head in the sand.  And I don't even want to be with another man!

Haha, very good.   ;D

Just read through this section again; it was great to hear all those songs again listed in the book.  It has links to a lot of Anthology songs.  I especially like the Fool On The Hill (take 4) off of Anthology 2.  This section is incredible, and it makes the "hidden messages" in Beatles songs so easy to notice.

Embrace Oneness

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

you and roscow should team up
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

True1

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2009, 12:29:11 AM »

Hi,
i am new here and was looking across the posts here and then came across your post. I began reading the beatles section of "the present" on www.thetruthcontest.com and it is really different and insightful, but not in the usual way that people interpret beatles songs to have some sort of hidden meaning. The Beatles did not hide their meaning at all, and they weren't trying to consciously put some meanings into some of their songs, but it was coming from the collective consciousness of their time; the revolution of the 60's. It inspired so many people to take a new look at life and the Beatles did an incredible thing by changing so much throughout the sixties, matching what was going on on the outside too. What they did was magical and has never been repeated by another band. It is beyond comprehension the kind of effect they had on that generation and also the kids even today. tons of kids still listen to the beatles and love them. Their was truth in the beatles songs as clear as daylight, and they shared their love with everyone through the vibrations of music. Music is the cosmic dance :)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2009, 09:28:27 AM »

Hi,
i am new here and was looking across the posts here and then came across your post. I began reading the beatles section of "the present" on www.thetruthcontest.com and it is really different and insightful, but not in the usual way that people interpret beatles songs to have some sort of hidden meaning. The Beatles did not hide their meaning at all, and they weren't trying to consciously put some meanings into some of their songs, but it was coming from the collective consciousness of their time; the revolution of the 60's. It inspired so many people to take a new look at life and the Beatles did an incredible thing by changing so much throughout the sixties, matching what was going on on the outside too. What they did was magical and has never been repeated by another band. It is beyond comprehension the kind of effect they had on that generation and also the kids even today. tons of kids still listen to the beatles and love them. Their was truth in the beatles songs as clear as daylight, and they shared their love with everyone through the vibrations of music. Music is the cosmic dance :)

Hi again Jethro. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »

The Beatles did not hide their meaning at all, and they weren't trying to consciously put some meanings into some of their songs, but it was coming from the collective consciousness of their time; the revolution of the 60's. It inspired so many people to take a new look at life and the Beatles did an incredible thing by changing so much throughout the sixties, matching what was going on on the outside too. What they did was magical and has never been repeated by another band.

Yeah, that is exactly what I've been trying to say.  I never understood why people tried to look so deep into each and every lyric.  The message is not hidden; it is just a matter of hearing it from a different perspective.  I sort of gave up on trying to discuss it, because people were just giving me their negativity, but I'd be happy to discuss that section with you if you find something you like.  :)

I've read it a few more times since I made this post, and it still rings true to me.

Embrace Oneness

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »

Yes but Jethro, why have you started to talk to yourself now? You and True1 are one and the same...the lengths some people go to, to get a point across..Geeee!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

^ Sometimes you can have a better conversation with yourself!! See ya Jethro.

Living One

• A Beginning
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »

I am not only true1, I am everyone, including you!  We're all one.  Groovy.

We need to get a point across because it is helpful to everyone.

Embrace Oneness

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »

I am not only true1, I am everyone, including you!  We're all one.  Groovy.

We need to get a point across because it is helpful to everyone.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

True1

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »

exactly, and in that song he also says he is the "eggman", meaning he will crack through the shell of his ego.
it is a compliment to say we are one. we are all together, interconnected, all one in everything but ego. "you gotta let it, you gotta let it go" -John lennon, "mind games"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Page created in 0.489 seconds with 86 queries.