Beatles forums > The Beatles

John

<< < (2/4) > >>

tkitna:
Heres the deal. John and Paul wrote almost all of the Beatle stuff. George became a very accomplished song writer, but not until later. Ringo was and is not a very good song writer. Most of his solo hits were written with help from other people. And, comparing John and Paul is pretty much useless because they both were great and their careers practically mirror each others, but in different manners.

Lets not get into the abilitys of playing the instruments. The Beatles were not the greatest musicians on their respected instruments and there are better players technically. The one point to remember is the song writing aspect. When you see composers like Beethoven, Bach, Shubert,etc,,,,well Lennon/McCartney are spoken with the same breath. To be 1/2 of that combination makes one special. Its not hard.

By the way, I see you must be a pretty big Paul fan with your avatar and your 'Rocky' signature. Please dont try to goad us into a Paul vrs. John thread because its a futile subject.

Beatle Ed:
lol Well Paul has just as many fans as John Whats so freaking special about him!!?!?!?!!?!?

Only one response

1. WHO CARES?

I mean god if you have to question why you like john/the beatles then you dont like them

NothingIsReal:
Well actually Paul and George are really gifted guitarists (George more obviously) But Paul plays guitar on a bunch of Beatle songs, he plays lead guitar on the whole "Band On The Run" album and I've heard him playing some impressive stuff elsewhere
But John is NOT overrated

Crazy Diamond:
John is an awesome lyricist and singer.

:
The Beatles were magical *as a group*, all 4 (yes, even Ringo) the necessary and critical person to be there at that time.

Solo just shows all their weaknesses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version