Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Liverpool's Reaction!  (Read 4985 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Liverpool's Reaction!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »

Didn't realise that Dave Stewart wrote the lyrics. They're terrible. Maybe he should have asked Annie Lennox to write them! ;)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 10:31:16 PM »

i really can't see why anyone would try to compare Ringo's latest effort with Macca's ? there isn't any competition imo, not that MAF was anything special either but at least it didn't come off as a 10 yr old rhyming any words that will go together.

I love Ringo as much as the next person but just because im a Beatles fan and a Ringo fan doesn't mean i need to have an automatic love for his music ?

theres nothing interesting going on vocally, musically or lyrically

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 03:20:12 AM »

Quote from: 1078
tkitna did you not read my post at all???

You have missed my point completely!

My point is that normally if a person sings an "autobiographical" song - They would write it themselves. Or at least have the idea to make a song like that themselves. "Liverpool 8" is a sentimental song about Ringo's hometown. But clearly he does not have strong sentimental feelings about Liverpool himself.

"Liverpool 8" is the only song on the album about his days with the Beatles. Which is always going to be the marketing hook for Ringo's solo albums. Regardless of what you believe of the quality of the song in relation to the rest of the album. If you do not realize that you are very naive.

My bad. I was not in my right mind when I read your post.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 03:26:12 AM »

Quote from: 758
i really can't see why anyone would try to compare Ringo's latest effort with Macca's ? there isn't any competition imo, not that MAF was anything special either but at least it didn't come off as a 10 yr old rhyming any words that will go together.

Dance Tonight

Everybody gonna dance tonight
Everybody gonna feel alright
Everybody gonna dance around tonight

Everybody gonna dance around
Everybody gonna hit the ground

(Chorus)
Well you can come on to my place if you want to
You can do anything you want to do

Next!

theres nothing interesting going on vocally, musically or lyrically

I guess i'm the only one that likes the album on this site. Well, I bought it, I listen to it, and I enjoy it. Maybe i'm musically retarded, but thanks for setting me straight that theres absolutely nothing decent about the entire album.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 04:40:54 AM »

Re: Dance Tonight lyrics

*awards point to Tkitna*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »

Quote from: 551
Re: Dance Tonight lyrics

*awards point to Tkitna*

HH, I swear to god that we're the only two people on this site that likes Ringo.

(PC too)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »

Quote from: 373

Dance Tonight

Everybody gonna dance around tonigh
Everybody gonna dance around
Everybody gonna hit the ground

(Chorus)
Well you can come on to my place if you want to
You can do anything you want to do

Next!

I guess i'm the only one that likes the album on this site. Well, I bought it, I listen to it, and I enjoy it. Maybe i'm musically retarded, but thanks for setting me straight that theres absolutely nothing decent about the entire album.

yeah dance tonight is a shocker ive said that over and over in the MAF threads so i cant argue with that, but it gives poor impression of what the rest of the album is going to sound like.

and no everyone has there own taste in music i like bands that none of my friends would listen too.

I think Ringo's getting bitter because he feels that nobody takes his music seriously. Take this forum for example. We're all supposedly large Beatle fans and yet Ringo's 'Liverpool 8' album thread has just 45 replies. Pauls 'Memory Almost Full' thread has over 500 replies. I wonder why that is? If it happens here, its got to be 90 times worse with the general public.

I agree with Ringo. He should be p*ssed off. Obviously the happy-go-lucky demeanor hasnet worked for him when it comes to selling albums, so maybe he should just become a big prick. That should at least spark some interest.

i was just saying that just because were all Beatles fans and Ringo fans doesn't mean we need to have some sort of blind love for all his releases.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »

No, you're not alone. I think Ringo's new album is great. Paul's album was great too. Where's the problem?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 10:17:53 AM »

Quote from: 758
i was just saying that just because were all Beatles fans and Ringo fans doesn't mean we need to have some sort of blind love for all his releases.

I hear you and understand, but the point that I am poorly attempting to make is that a ton of people dont even give it a chance to judge if its anygood. I just think a bunch of people would be pleasently surprised with a lot of Ringo stuff out there.

Anyways, i'm off my soapbox and i'll cease my Ringo crusade.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »

Quote from: 410
No, you're not alone. I think Ringo's new album is great. Paul's album was great too. Where's the problem?

No problem at all Zipp. Your absolutely right.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »

HH, I swear to god that we're the only two people on this site that likes Ringo.
(PC too)

I don't remember anyone saying they don't like Ringo. Some of us don't like his new album. So what? We don't all like the same things. We should be allowed to critisise if we want to, regardless of whether it's an ex-Beatle's album or not. That's one of the things you can't do on most Beatles forums, and I'd hate to see this place go that way.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 57 queries.